Sunday 18 February 2024

I Do Love Mexican Food.

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

Well we are back in a cycle of sunshine.  It is nice to wake up to a bright sunny day, and everyone's demeanor is much better.  This morning we found a problem with the electrical at our palapa.  Good thing it didn't burn down when one of the plugs got hot enough to burn the plug right off of the metal ends.  It didn't even blow a breaker.  Ken and I will fix it on Monday morning.  Sunday is a day of rest remember!!



Sue headed to Lo de Marcos to visit with Pat today, so I headed over to Abuela's for Birria on my bike!  Well guess what?  It was all gone by 11 am.  Instead she made me a quesadilla with some frijoles and a little bit of birria that she poured from the bottom of the pot.  The whole meal was amazing.  They sure know how to cook down here.



I'm getting lots of use out of the electric bike.  It has lots of power and will go for a long time on a charge.  I bought it because I wanted a motor bike for down here, but there are hurdles to jump through to license motorbikes down here, and if you bring it here you have to buy a TIP when you enter Mexico.  With this bike there is no fuss or muss because it is a bike.  I will also use it lots back home, for getting around.  It will even be quick enough to ride to town and back.  I'm not a person to think that electric is the climate saviour of the world by any means, but some things, like bikes make a bit of sense.  With a bike you can input some man power as well to keep it going, so that adds a good feeling to the purchase.  I have about 120 kms on it so far this year.  


This afternoon we played pool volleyball for a couple hours.  Somehow the translation from French has made us rename it the "Flying Ball" game!  I was in the pool so got no pictures.  We had a lot of good laughs and a little bit of good exercise.  It wasn't long and it was supper time.  I had some left over taco's from last night.  Mmmmmm good!


I went downtown after supper.  Sunday nights are busy and the Carnival left about 3 rides behind, so everyone was having a good time and riding them tonight.


Kenia was busy tonight and at one time she served 7 frappe's to her customer.  It's awesome when I see my kids, all of them, doing well.  


She had run out of cups with her Cafecito stickers on them, so I spent an hour or so putting stickers on them.  With what I did tonight, she should be good for a couple nights.


That was it for another day.  We all had fun doing whatever we were doing.  We had another beautiful sunset tonight.  Good Nite!




3 comments:

  1. I recognize that electrical lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, electrical plugs shouldn't look like that!!
    Beauty of a sunset.
    I'm glad you like your bike.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.