Tuesday 7 March 2017

Goodbye Kevin and Rhonda

It got fairly chilly last night.  Harold said his thermometer said 3C at 6:00 this morning.  I had to kick on the furnace for a while just so we couldn't see our breath. Charlie looked cold in the middle of the night so Sue covered him up and he stayed that way until morning.



Today we had to say goodbye to our friends Kevin and Rhonda as they had a 10:30 flight from Vegas to Minneapolis.  They are actually Pat and Harold's friends that they met in Jamaica but we have borrowed them whenever they are around.  They are good country folk like us and we enjoy their company.  We rolled out of bed about 6:45 am to say so long.  The sun was shining and it was warming up considerably by then.


Now don't tell them, but they were not gone 5 minutes and Sue and I ran back in and jumped into bed and slept till 9:00 when P&H returned.   We did see their plane go over us and waved at them at about 10:45.  I have an ATC scanner so we can listen to all the planes coming and going so we knew which one was theirs.  Almost all of them go right over our heads out here at Lake Mead.

The gals headed in to Vegas to pick up a few things and left Harold and I to fend for ourselves.  I had to change that pesky leaking tire and put the spare on so we didn't have to deal with a low tire every day.


When we got it off we found the leak really quick.  I would have to question if it is in the sidewall or not.  I am convinced now that it will be perfectly safe to put a plug in it.  I like plugs better than patches anyway.  I have had patches fail, but never had a plug fail.  If I have to, I will buy a plug tool and do it myself.


Got the spare put on and it is a good tire and will last for as long as we need it to.  That gives me time to find someone to fix it, or for me to buy the supplies to fix it.  Probably will wait until we get home to do it.


As I was out walking with Charlie, I spotted this 5er.  Obviously they are working on their bucket list.  We don't really have a bucket list but are open to doing or seeing anything that would be interesting.


Tonight we are at Lake Mead on Government Wash Road 36.12391, -114.8338 and this is NOT the view from our window but rather a view of our little colony on the hill from down near the lake.



5 comments:

  1. We don't have a bucket list either but there are always things and places in my mind that I/we would love to do! It's always fun to try new experiences or see new places. :-)

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the kid was trying to sell you a tire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronda and Kevin8 March 2017 at 18:21

    Thank you again for your hospitality at the Ponderosa. We truley enjoyed our vacation, and we enjoy your company as well. It was hard for Kev to look for you as we flew over as all he had was a small slice of window, AGAIN!!!! LOL We certainly see why you enjoy a place away, as we did, and hope to go "away" again next year. Thank you again, with Pat and Harold, and Kyra.....hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment and I guess no one sent me a memo that your name is not spelled Rhonda. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to borrow someone else's friends sometimes, :). Glad you saw to that tire and hope it is fine until you reach home. Our bucket list is in our heads too, new things keep getting added to it so that probably changes the name of it! They actually put that name on their rv? Guess they'll be keeping that one for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.