Friday 16 November 2018

We are going to Stay Put for a While

When we woke up this morning it was starting to warm up already.  When I went outside for coffee at 9 it was about 8C.   I took a short walk and looked back at our camp in the forest.  What a peaceful place to spend some time.  We can stay here for 14 days and I think we will maximize that.




We put Cecil out to get some sunshine.  He seemed to like it.  Cecil is pronounced the old English way in case you were wondering.  We say it Sessle!!  He stand guard by our door most of the time.
Our daughter Kaitlyn named him from the nursery rhyme that starts out like this.  "Cecil was a caterpillar, Cecil was my friend!!"


Everyone still had their jackets on but everyone started to warm up a bit real soon.  We got busy doing chores like getting more wood ready, and I set up the ladder ready to do all our windows.


It wasn't long and the sun warmed us enough that I had to go in and get my shorts on.  Now the lack of a shirt was probably over the top but what the heck!!  It's been 2 months since I wore shorts!!  We are sooooooooooo glad to finally feel the heat of the sun again!!!   Ed on the other hand is a little cold blooded and wore the jacket right until noon.  In this picture you may notice how good of shape I am in.  Kinda a body builders body I think.


 But I couldn't hold my breath forever so this is what I actually look like I guess.


This is the view from our window tonight:


8 comments:

  1. That looks like a really nice place to stay and relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is another place down the way with a lake. We may move there.

      Delete
  2. Nice view. Glad it's warming up for you folks. Enjoy your time in the forest.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely place to stay. I can understand why you wish to stay for 14 days.
    I'm trying to decide whether to comment on the body builder picture. Ah.....shucks, I have to!

    Oooohhh la la! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Does it bring back memories of a curling instructional meeting at Lake Mead?

      Delete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.