Wednesday 11 December 2019

Humming birds

WHERE ARE WE? La Penita RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico
NEXT DESTINATION? We are here for a while

Had to make a quick trip downtown today so I decided to walk.  There is so much to see when you walk anywhere around here.  Some of the walk was on the beach and some was down the streets in the town. It was low tide so there was no problem walking here. At high tide the water is up to those steps.




I had to go to the grocery store for some basic items to fill the fridge.  The grocery store is a busy place and one of the things I notice is all of the fresh produce.  Sometimes its hard to get to it because there are lots of packing crates and boxes and stuff piled all over the floor.  If you can't find what you are looking for it might be under something.



They have a good selection of stuff for being just a local grocery store and I like to shop here.


They even have some Christmas trees.  I forgot to see how much they were.


Later in the day we were invited to view the humming birds on Jack and Karol's deck.  A couple days ago I had stopped by their place and saw all the humming birds, but I had Charlie with me so I didn't go in so Jack said to come back today and bring the neighbours with us. lol.  They sure have a pretty spot.


When we got there at about 4pm the birds were starting to come.  Within 5 minutes or so they started to come in droves.  Sue had brought her big camera so maybe she will share some of those pictures with me later.  There were quite a few different types of birds and Karol knew them all but I must admit other than Cinnamon and Ruby Red Throat, I have forgotten them.  Jack said they figure there are about 80 humming birds come to drink every day.


With flowers like this one around, it is no wonder they all hang out here.  It wasn't long and the sun went behind the hill and the day was over.  We had a good one, hope you did too!!




9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures of the grocery store, it was interesting, especially how they store the watermelons. It's great that all those hummingbirds get along. We have lot's both at home and here in Yuma but they usually fight and only one will feed at a time ... although at home they do share a little better and sometimes two will feed at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only saw a couple of beak fights. Most of the time they were getting along. Sometimes up to 10 at one feeder.

      Delete
  2. You guys sure found a great spot to spend some time. Love the beach.Great shots of the Hummers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dave with regards to location. Such a wonderful view.
    I also like the grocery store, all of that fresh produce would be wonderful. I hope you are enjoying some of those watermelons. Always yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fresh produce is great but I think that is where Montezuma caught up to me.

      Delete
  4. You certainly are in a beautiful spot. Great picture of the hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The walk along the beach looks nice. I can't believe the tide rises so much!
    Oh, the hummingbirds! Beautiful! I can't wait to hang my feeder at P.K.
    Looks like a lot of wonderful produce available to you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.