Saturday 16 December 2017

Rainy chore day

It rained most of the night last night and was still raining this morning.  Not a heavy rain but just enough to make it miserable to go outside.  The temperatures were around 12C so not freezing but the grey clouds are not making us very smiley people.  We can always look forward to tomorrow so we just got on with our day.  It was that favourite day for all RVers...laundry day.



Now lots of people will laugh at us for only having one basket of laundry, but when you live in a confined space there is no room for more laundry baskets, so when it is full off we go.


While the laundry was doing its thing, we did a tour around town and stopped at HEB and Ace Hardware to look around.  We are looking at investing in a small propane heater if the weather around here doesn't smarten up soon.  Not buying yet, just shopping.  We did notice that the price of gas and diesel has gone down in the last day or so.  Regular gas was about 2.06 a gallon around here and it is now 1.96.  I guess the gas stations are in the Christmas Spirit.


Not much else happened around the Ponderosa today, except a little TV watching and I got a chance to watch the inside of my eyelids for a little while in the afternoon.  Still raining as the sun is going down.

Here is the gloomy view from our window today:


Our Location tonight:  Magnolia Beach Texas  Boondocking on the beach



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like the same weather we had but we waited until today for the laundry.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching the people in the laundry. You see all sorts there.

      Delete
  2. Your blog keeps me going through a long hard time! I had hoped to go once again to Magnolia Beach but stuck in Minnesota snow😳

    Six years ago my dog and I spent most of the winter there. On Christmas Eve day it was cold and rainy. The propane heater kept us warm and solar panels gave me light to read. I had much to be Thankful for!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magnolia Beach is such a gem. The local people are great too. I'm glad you got a chance to be here and its nice to know that you are enjoying my ramblings. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  3. I don't know "gloomy" or not it is still a pretty good view.
    Looking at the last couple of posts your coach looks so nice decorated for Christmas.
    Really liked the look of the kitchen cabinet with the wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan is a great home decorator!! We are going for the country home theme. Hope your travels are going well. I'm glad you are out of the snow..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.