Saturday 19 October 2019

Moving farther down the road

Well we got off to a late start today.  Some technical difficulties but nothing that a reboot of the MH electrical system wouldn't fix.  And it didn't cost a dime.  I love free.  But I did find out that my hot water tank is leaking but its nothing I am gonna worry about right now.  Sounds like a good project for while we are sitting in Mexico.



It was a beautiful sunny morning so the delay was kinda nice after we got everything fixed.  Some long lanky guy took a picture of the rigs all lined up ready to go.


I am sorry to report that Nebraska and Kansas really don't have a whole lot going on right now.  We did see a bit of corn harvest going on but that was about it.


Even Charlie got bored


We did 490 kms today and made to Liberal Kansas where we are parked up in the fairgrounds.


It was dark when we got here so the view is inside our window tonight.  Everyone is relaxing and getting ready for some more travel tomorrow.  I know we are hurrying right now but after Monday night we can relax a bit.  Promise!!!



10 comments:

  1. That stretch can be mundane but is beautiful in its own way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soooo right. I know people from other countries or even people from the west coast who are awe struck with the vast open plains. I often imagine buffalo grazing out there.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the drive. Warm weather beckons! Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shorts soon. But once I put them on they are staying on...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. How do I do that??? Why am I asking you??? Lol Have fun on your trip.

      Delete
  4. You might consider doing the Water Heater while in the US because of availability and shipping in Mexico.
    I had priced changing ours and was surprised to find the Insta-Hot System cheaper then the replacement. It uses less propane and only heats water On-Demand.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Journey.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking more like a weld job in Mexico. I know you could fix it for me for sure. We are looking at on demand hot water and I am also gonna do black pipe on the roof for the hot weather.

      Delete
  5. Continued safe travels!
    Thanks, for letting me know I will take another screen shot to be sure I got the correction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please. I guess I had it all backwards for some browsers.

      Delete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.