Saturday 14 October 2023

Some Touring

WHERE ARE WE? Apple Beach RV Park, Oliver BC

Today was planned for a day of touring.  Steve and Julie have lived here for a few years now and know the area well.  They took us to see a lot of the scenery around the area.


There are some pretty high end wineries around here with pretty elaborate courtyards in front.




There are still a few apples to be picked, but for the most part they are all harvested.


I always love the old buildings and wonder what stories they could tell if they could.  This house probably saw some of the original orchards growing into the big businesses they are today.  The original owners are long dead and gone I would suspect and their children are probably not far behind.



We toured to Osoyoos to the south, and up to Okanagan Falls which is north of Oliver.  We stopped for lunch at a restaurant and Sue got a picture of a chicken burger.   She is always looking for new ways to present our food at Cj's!!  She noticed the coleslaw on the bottom.  What do you think?  It was delicious I'm told.


Back to Steve and Julies for another fantastic supper.  The dish had a name but I don't remember what it is.  Lets just call it "GOOD".




I thought maybe I had had too much to drink when I saw this wine rack on the wall.  I commented on how long the wine would have to be in this rack for the necks to bend like they did???  I love it!!!


We had a lovely dessert which was obvious by this picture of me.  Lets just say I had a little help before they took this photo.



We watched a little hockey and played another couple games of cards.


It was another lovely evening and we said "Good Nite!!"




2 comments:

  1. Good commentary on the day!! It was a good day, and so wonderful to have you here for a visit!! You are welcome in our home anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun day. I bet that isn't iced coffee in Julie's cup! She's too happy! 😄
    The apples are wild this year!
    That meal looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.