Monday 9 October 2023

A Visit With Donovan

WHERE ARE WE? Wainwright, Alberta

We got up this morning and had a leisurely visit over coffee.  We are heading down the road today and are leaving about 12.  We had a nice brunch about 11 so we wont have to stop on the road today.  We have enjoyed our time with Ken and Rhonda and look forward to spending some time with them in Mexico.


Archie had a last squirrel hunt before we left.


Before we left Ken and I discussed which way would be best to go.  Well by the time I got down the road a couple miles I knew I was going the opposite direction to what we discussed.  Oh well we are up for a scenic drive on a few bumpy and gravel roads.  It was slow going and took about an hour but we rather enjoyed wandering through the country side.  We even came to the park gate for Waskasiu park and told the lady we were heading for Shellbrook.  She looked at me funny and said "you aint gonna get there going this way!!"  lol  So she gave me a map and turned me around and put me on the right road. 





Anyway we finally made it on to the pavement and it wasn't long and we were in Alberta.  


Our purpose for going to Wainwright is to meet up with our oldest grandson Donovan.  Donovan lives with his grandparents in Veteran and works in the oilfield.  He is on days off so he is coming to spend some time with us tonight and tomorrow.  He is now taller than me and has awesome thick hair like I used to have.  Its fun to see how they grow up and get lives of their own and have to make some decisions about their careers and the path they are going to go in life.  He seems to be on a good path so far and we are proud of him and it is great to see him again.  We all headed out to Boston Pizza for some supper and then home to bed.  Good Nite!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.