Monday 8 January 2024

A Shocking Experience

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

Today we just did things around home.  We had to go downtown and I was in the store just as the baker put fresh bollo buns in the bin.  Good bread products are hard to find here, but these things are like moms homemade buns.  Sooooo good.  I grabbed a half dozen before the vultures descended on the bin.


The other thing I was looking for today was baby asprin 81 mg.   Well I have tried but they just don't seem to have such a thing.  I take 1 asprin a day for my heart so apparently I do need them.


After some bantering back and forth and using google translate to its fullest we came up with an alternate solution.  Why not Junior aspirin which is just 100 mg.  Why not??  So that's what I got so I am back in business.  Hey I just found out that you spell asprin aspirin? And in Spanish it is Aspirina!!   It took me 68 years to figure that out.  No wonder I always got 99% on my spelling test!!! lol


When I got back to the RV there was an electrician there to do a rewire on a plug in cord beside me.  Now when I arrived back in December, you might remember I had to rewire my plug for a 30 am plug and I also had to change the wires around to correct the reverse polarity.  Well guess what?  After this joker finished his wiring, my MH became hot, not temperature wise, but electrical wise.  The kids were getting shocks coming in and out and I did too.  Archie got one and now we have to carry him in and out of the MH!!!  Poor Guy doesn't understand.  I went and checked the plug and now I have hot and ground backwards!!!  My EMS was as red as red showing an E5 fault.  That is a hot and neutral reversed.  


So I asked Jeff to get the guy back to fix his mistake.  I told him he wired the fix wrong this afternoon but he said no.  He proceeded to change my wires around, and the 2 other neighbours around, which took 3 times as long as needed.  I watched some of his performance and just shook my head.  You sure don't need a license to wire around here.  So I checked with my polarity tester and he got the polarities fixed, however he cut off one of the ground wires in one box and now none of us are grounded, so we are still getting shocks.  I will have to get Jeff to let me rewire the screw up from earlier this afternoon so we no longer have to use a rubber mat outside the door to keep from getting shocked.  


So I think the reason they don't care about the wiring is because the buildings are all concrete and can't burn.  If the wire is wrong it just sizzles long enough that it burns off in the box.  No problem!!


Anyway it is the last day here for the kids.  Tomorrow they head back home to Manitoba and back to school and work.  Its been a fun 10 days or so and we hope they come back again next year.  I had to play some more Skipbo with them tonight.  I never did win a game.  They are good at it.


The view out the door tonight is of my rubber mat that I had to place there so nobody gets a shock.  I will try to fix the problem tomorrow afternoon when I get home from the airport.  Good Nite!!!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my, not good at all. I would worry about a fire, not just shocks.
    Safe travels home to the family.
    I think you spell pretty well most of the time! Lol

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nasty business, shocks. We've had a couple of experiences but it was Gibbs that got the worst of it last winter. The ground was wet after a rain and we had Christmas lights out. He touched the metal steps and yelped for a long time. It took a couple of weeks before he would go out and down the steps on his own. Poor little fella. Hope it doesn't take that long for Archie. A little shock treatment for you older folk might be a good thing!! ha ha, just kidding! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great to hear the entire electrical process that went on while we were gone from our motorhome yesterday afternoon. The electrician was supposed to show up in the morning while we were here so Jon could supervise what he did to our plug-in. Of course, the electrician arrived "On Mexican Time" after we had to leave in the afternoon. Hopefully, Jeff can get this fixed today (with Jon's help). Life in Mexico sure does teach us patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most park's handymen are not Electrically Sauvey. They don't understand Polarities, or the difference between a Ground and Neutral Wire. Keep your EMS on.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.