Sunday 17 March 2024

Back Home in La Penita

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

I was up at 3:30 am to catch the 4 am shuttle to the airport.  I had asked the shuttle driver last night how busy the airport was at 4 to 5 am and he said he recommended 3 hours early for international flights.  Ok that's what it is then.  So in the shuttle and off we go.


Should have known better because I was like an hour early at least.  There wasn't a soul hardly in the security line and the boarding area was deserted!  One advantage was that it was a breeze getting my Timmies to keep me sane.




I was wandering around the airport and look who was sitting there having a coffee.  Yup Jackie and Frank and Augie!!  I think he remembered me cause he stretched out and went to sleep right beside me.  I had forgotten that they were going to be on this flight as well. 



It was soon time for boarding and off we went.  It was nice to be heading to our winter home again.  


And look who is seated right behind me?  Yup its Frank and Jackie!!!  How cool is that.  They are going to spend a couple weeks in the park in the upstairs suite to relax.  Jackie still does real estate and has been quite busy so they need a break.


A little bit of de icing and off we went.



Once we got south of the border, there was snow on the ground all the way to about Salt Lake City.  Then it stopped in a straight line and the ground was black the rest of the way.  We arrived in PV right on schedule and were immediately loaded on a bus and taken to the terminal.




Although it looked like a lot of people in customs, it wasn't really that bad.  I doubt the whole process took more than 30 minutes.  


Jeff from the park picked us up and we were whisked back to the park with just a couple stops along the way.


Because the kids only arrived late yesterday, they were just starting to have fun in the ocean.  They got beat around pretty good.


Then they all wanted to go downtown for tacos and to visit Kenia.  We had some pretty yummy stuff all in all. 



I caught Kenia in mid bite on her quesadilla and she said "Don't put that in your blog"!   Well here it is.  lol


A photo op by the La Penita sign and home we went.  I am a tired boy having been up about 30 hours so I was only about 5 minutes in bed and I was snoring.  Good Nite!!






2 comments:

  1. Looks like you returned just in time. I think the cold was making you cranky and forgetful. Lol.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. More kids? I guess i missed a post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.