Sunday 10 March 2024

Getting Caught up and Preparing for Travel

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

Today I decided to go to Abuela's for Birria again.  I have been there on two other occasions this year and she has been sold out.  The first time I went for lunch, but I found out Birria is not really lunch food so the next time I went for 10:30 and both times she was sold out.  So this morning I thought I would go for 9 am and see if there was any left.  I did sleep in a bit but got on the trail by 9:10.  And I can't blame anything on moving the clocks, because here in Mexico they don't do that.  


Lena and Drew came with me and we arrived about 9:30 at Abuela's.  We were three of the last customers that got Birria so we were lucky.  I just can't get my head around having beef stew at 7 am, but that is what they do.  Get the body full of protein and off they go until 2 pm or so.  Anyway it was so good.  Drew and Lena had Birria taco's and I had the stew in a bowl.  




So I was set for the day.  All proteined up and nothing to do!!  While I was gone, Max and Gramma built a fort for him.  He used every blanket in the house it seemed.  He loved it and laid in there for the longest time.



The kids spent some time in the ocean because this is their last chance before they head home.


I was busy this afternoon getting all our boarding passes done and making sure we were ready to travel to Calgary tomorrow.  Gramma went to get them 2 weeks ago, and I get to take them home tomorrow.  In order to get a cheap flight, we have to stay over in Calgary before travelling on to Winnipeg the next day.  Even with the hotel involved, it was about $1000 difference.  It will be a long day for the kids tomorrow, but they travel well so I am not worried. 


After that I had 4 blog posts to catch up on.  I don't know how I get so far behind so quickly.  As we say in Canada "Sorry!"


Then I had to write my weekly story for Storyworth.  This week was a bit tough to write a lot about.  This is my 10th week already, and I am enjoying it a lot.


The sun sunk in the west today and it was long gone by the time I got out to take a picture.  That means another day is gone.  Good Nite!!



2 comments:

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.