Tuesday 7 May 2024

Getting Some Supplies

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

It rained almost all night last night and most of the day today.  There is nothing more dreary than rainy days.  The lake seems to be remaining at its current level.


So to keep the doldrums at bay we headed into Brandon to do some things.  We had some copying to do and then breakfast.  A stop at Superstore for supplies pretty well loaded up the Jeep.



We have been very conscious of the cost of our supplies and today I did some research on the price of tomatoes.  Our prices of everything have had to increase quite significantly over the last 3 years and we need to keep a close watch on the current prices we are paying for everything.  So today the red tomato was under my microscope.  1 regular sized tomato comes in at $1.38 and we normally cut a tomato into 6 slices to put on a burger.  So if we use 1 slice it costs about $0.20 and of course $0.40.  Now considering that we put onions, tomatoes, mustard, relish, cheese, and sometimes an onion ring, the cost of the garnishes is significant.  We need to be really careful of the price point of our supplies.  


Yesterday I got my new remote reader for my ICD so today I changed it out and plugged it in.  After an hour of charging (they recommend 20 minutes) I tried doing a transmission with it.  Nope!  Got an error message again.  Hmmm.  Back to the drawing board.  


So the weather is actually looking up.  Today was the last dreary day for a while.  The temperatures will be great for Cj's opening weekend and it will be time to get the shorts on again soon.


I spent some time watching more Survivor.  We are on Season 3 now.  I was watching and doing the blog.  


Archie took over my comfy chair with Sue. lol  That was our day. Good Nite!!



1 comment:

  1. Your temps look to be improving, I’ll bet you folks are looking forward shorts too. Our spring treat of Black Fly’s, Midges and Mosquitoes are upon us. Makes wearing shorts interesting. lol.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.