Friday 3 May 2024

I Still Like Ruffles

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

Archie was not so interested in going outside this morning.  It was raining a wee bit so he slept in.  


I got my coffee made and washed up and made myself pretty, well brushed my hair.   Then I got in my chair to drink some coffee and Archie got up and came up on my chair with me.  I asked him if he wanted to go out and all he did was look at me with a "Whatchu talkin bout?" look.  So we just enjoyed our coffee for a bit longer.


When we did go outside, I checked the rain gauge.  About 4 tenths overnight and we will add to it today.


I am planning on resurfacing some of the mini golf holes with a 3 inch concrete overlay.  Because concrete is so expensive when ordered by truck, and you have to order a minimum amount, that option is not feasible for me.  So I put out an ad in the local buy and sell of FB for a cement mixer.  Its been a long time since I was in the concrete business.  I drove a cement truck for a few years in Alberta when I was younger.  I figure I can buy one, use it, and sell it again and it won't cost me a dime.


I had put the heat on in the shack and the sun had actually peeked out enough to warm things up a little bit.  I set about putting some trim above the order windows so that our screens can slide back and forth freely.



A little observation today.  Susan bought me some Ruffles today.  Anybody know what they are?  They are my most favourite coconut chocolate treat ever.  Well they used to come packed in a little box with no room to spare.  So to make more profit, the company made the box twice the size with a few less ruffles in it and upped the price substantially. When you open the box, the plastic tray they are in has little legs on the bottom so it looks bigger.  Bigger is better I guess, and we are all oblivious to the fact that we are getting less product for a bigger price!

Now a nice big box

With less Ruffles inside

And big legs under the tray so it fills the big box.

I checked for a sunset tonight but there was none.  Just lots of rain on the windshield.  Good Nite!!



4 comments:

  1. The manufacture could have saved money by not changing the packaging.
    Careful using the Cement Mixer. You'll be using muscles you haven't used in a while.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of the Ruffles Chips, never heard of the cookies! There isn’t much we can do about the smaller quantity for more money, is there?
    Just a question… won’t a thin/skim layer of concrete do some ugly things in the cold Manitoba winters? Chip, crack and need replacing often? Just curious.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberlee Wilson4 May 2024 at 04:11

    I was thinking Ruffles potato chips too! Lol! It seems everything costs more for less these days….

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruffles chips or truffles but not what you have. Are they delicious? Chocolate, yes!!
    I LOVE Archie's eyes. Gibbs does those looks too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.