Wednesday 18 January 2017

Fixit and Fire

Today was a fix it day around our camp.  First off Harold and Rowdy patched some spots on Harold's roof because there is rain in the forecast.



It seems there is always something to putter at if you own an RV.  And if its warm and the sun is shining you tend to find little projects to do.  When we pulled into Quartzsite the other day my step decided to quit working.  Today I headed under there to see why.  This is what I found.



This is the lever that pulls the stairs in and out and is driven by an electric motor.  I have fixed this once before a couple years ago, so either it is a weak part, or the stairs are too heavy for this particular device.  I will see if I can get a replacement part in Q.  I saw a sign somewhere of a shop that sells RV step motors and accessories, but I can't remember where I saw it.

The three amigos, Harold, Rowdy and Lorne went to town and bought some wood for a fire, and while we were gone, the girls, Pat, Missy and Sue built us a fire pit.



Nothing better than a good fire and good friends to finish off a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.