Friday 4 February 2022

Supper with Not So Old, Old Friends

WHERE ARE WE? La Penita, Mexico

Another wonderful warm day here in Mexico.  We didn't do much of consequence I did manage to get my 10000 steps in.   Isn't it crazy when you get older, walking is such an important part of your life.  All my life I have been a rider, not a walker, and now I leave the Jeep sitting so I can walk wherever I am going.  My first walk today was with Archie on the beach.


Archie is getting good at walking on the long rope and enjoys exploring all sorts of things in the sand.  There was a guy showing a little girl how to catch crabs in the estuary.  He used a stick and got the crab to grab on to it and then he brought it out to show the girl.  They are little blue crabs and I doubt they are big enough to eat. 


My next walk took me to town to get some stuff.  Of course, I had to stop by Kenia's for a drink and Oscar was there.  He is a little joker and just had to wear my hat for a while.


My last walk of the day was to take Archie for another beach walk.  The ocean has been angry today and most of the beach sand has been swept back into the ocean so the sand is on quite an angle to walk on.  The ocean has some pretty amazing powers and can relandscape the entire beach overnight. 


Somebody has a couple goats down along the estuary as well and Archie doesn't know what to think of them.



We went out for supper with our friends Steve and Julie at Las Koritas.  It was great to see them again and we had such a nice visit, that I forgot to take any pictures.  It just so happened that some more friends from the Trailer Park were there too.  It was great to see Jack and Karol, Paul and Lisa again after a long couple years.

We finished the evening off with a game of marbles with John and Loren.  Sorry ladies, we tried to be easy on you.  



Another day has come and gone and we slipped into bed with big smiles on our faces.  Tomorrow is another day and we look forward to it.  Goodnight!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.