Sunday 7 April 2024

Birria Sunday

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

Birria on Sunday at Abuela's is getting to be a bit of a habit.  Today was not different.   We set out to walk to Abuela's with 5 more followers.  Jon and Terry and JR and Clo were going for the first time.  It is a neat true Mexican experience going down the little back streets and having birria in Tena's front yard.  It is delicious but the only thing I have trouble with, is eating that kind of food and that much of it for breakfast.  I think everyone had a good time and they all seemed to enjoy it.  We even tried a little Menudo!!






On the way home we checked out a little casita that Wade and Melissa are looking at.  I think they have made an offer that was accepted so we wish you all the best with your little home.  Yes my big finger got in the way.


I had a couple jobs to do this afternoon.  The first was to fix Kenia's headphones.  The one earpiece had broke off so the Red Green in me came out in the form of duct tape.  Don't know how long the fix will last, but its fine for now.


The second project was to finish up the Starlink mount on the back of the motorhome.  I want to be able to just put it in stow mode and pull a pin and drop the dish behind the motorhome for travelling.  Right now I have to have a place to transport the dish, and roll up the cord every time we go to move.  Then when we get there the dish is either on the ground or on the hood of the jeep and I have to roll out the cord and pass it through a window.  This will be so much easier.  So far everything falls into place in either the up or stored position.  I could have bought a pole and the whole mount kit for like $400 online, but it does not allow you to leave the dish on the pole while moving.  So for about 200 pesos, I got a better outfit.  






Tomorrow is eclipse day so I found this schedule on facebook.  Looks like we will get about 97 totality.  That's good enough for me.  I just barely remember the last one in 1979.  Do you?


Tonight we played some games with JR and Clo.  We did some liars dice, and then some Skipbo.  I don't even remember the winners.


Sitting at the palapa at sunset is so relaxing.  Often we sit there for like and hour after the sun has set.  The waves were big today and they were churning up a lot of foamy white froth.  Every day the ocean is different.  Wade and Melissa were soaking up the serenity.


Archie and I went for a sunset walk tonight.  He is sure going to miss this place and the beach and the ocean.  So am I!!!  Good Nite!!




2 comments:

  1. Breakfast sounds very interesting.
    I’m wondering if that Starlink dish will rub/bang on Percy as are heading down the road? Will it catch the wind, putting more stress on the poles over time? Just curious.
    The days always start to wind down, no matter spring or fall.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Necessity was always the mother of invention. Like Deb, I'm hoping the wind won't cause more problems.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.