Saturday 6 April 2024

Just an Ordinary Day

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

I did a little more cleaning up in anticipation of Tuesdays departure.  Today I washed a couple more of our mats and put them away.  We won't need them until we get home so they are stored way in the back.  My back trouble reared its ugly head again today so I am working kinda slow.  Good thing that I don't have much to do to be ready.




Kenia talked us into going out for lunch today to her families new restaurant.  It is called El Toro and features a lot of fish and seafood dishes.  I guess that is probably because the family owns the fish shop across the street.  They make the best ceviche in town and their liver is good too.  We were joined by Kenia's friend Mimi and Oscar came along too.  He is working today so had to grab his lunch on the run.



This afternoon we just hung around the park and swam and had a good chat with JR and Clo.  We were doing techy things with our phones and laughing because we are showing our ages.  What our kids can do in a minute took like an hour for us to do.  Wade showed up with his new Old Bastards Tequila shirt on.  He is now a member of the Old Bastards Society, which is a group that does good things in this community.  



I headed down town again tonight to check on the kids.  There were quite a few people around and they were busy in the cafecito.  I had a couple taco's and a smoothie and then it was time to go home.  I feel so at home in this place because it is a friendly, loving community.  I only wish I could catch on to the Spanish a little better.  Maybe I will work a little harder on that this summer.




Tonight I got the penitentiary shot of the sunset. This is certainly not a penitentiary and I can get up and go out the gate anytime I choose.  This is more like paradise.  Good Nite!!






5 comments:

  1. A great shot of you and Sue!
    Hopefully the back gets better soon.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try a Chin-Up Bar or an Inversion table to help your back.
    You're both looking happy down there.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your next adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture. Pack up time is a mixed blessing. We all know what that means.
    Glad you aren't in the penitentiary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great picture of you and Sue. Sorry to hear your back is still giving you trouble. The fact that you feel at home in that place comes through in a beautiful way in all your blogs. Nice sunset through the penitentiary fence...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys, Nice to see your pictures, sad to see this season end, we had a wonderful time with you guys, and meeting all the other great people in the park. Small but mighty ❤️have a safe trip home 🚗God Bless You and Your Family 🙏🏼See you in December Ron & Lilly

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.