Thursday 21 December 2023

Supper and Survivor

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

I remember from other years the fact that as we settle into our life here in La Penita, there gets to be less and less notable things to write about.  I guess maybe I need to be more attentive to smaller things that happen to us rather than wanting some larger more spectacular things to write about.  The fact that we swim 3 or 4 times a day is not really earth shattering but when you are sequestered at home with -30C temps and 4 feet of snow to shovel, maybe you can just shut your eyes and dream that that snow is actually sand on a beach somewhere.  Ok Ok you don't want to hear me spouting off about how nice it is here so I won't!!!  We did have one special thing in our lives today.  Friends Blair and Joanne invited Sue and I and Normand & Suzanne over for a little visit and a pre supper drink at their lovely place up the street from us.  


The locals have been fixing up this back street and have erected a bunch of decorative bird houses and such along the street.  It is quite pretty.


Blair and Joanne have a cozy place that is really clean and modern.  We visited with them for an hour or so before it was time to leave for supper.


I mentioned that these were pre supper drinks because we all headed to Avanti restaurant for supper.  It is about a mile long walk each way which is a good walk for us old folks.  The special is lamb and most of us had that.  Mmmmm good!!!


We enjoyed the the walk back after supper and it helped with the guilt about over eating.   There are some Christmas decorations going up however the Mexicans don't go overboard like we do. 


When we got home we decided that we would watch the 3 hour Survivor Finale.  It was a good one.  Sheri and Sue and I do a pick of players at the beginning of the season and I came out with the winner this year.  Not sure what I won but I'm not holding my breath for much recognition.  That was our day today.  Off to bed I went!!  Good Nite!





3 comments:

  1. We are also Survivor fans. What a great season it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good day! I like the bird houses, very cute.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally enjoying reading about how much you and Sue enjoy your day to day life down there in that lovely place. Keep on enjoying life and sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.