Thursday 20 April 2017

It's a Miracle!!

Now the strangest thing has happened to me.  As reported on Wednesday I was fully enveloped in a "Man Cold" which is normally a long and painful disease and comes with moaning and groaning and bed rest.  Now the strange thing is that I woke up this morning without any symptoms at all, save a bit of a runny nose and that subsided later in the afternoon.  Strangest thing that ever happened to me.  I was sort of looking forward to just lazing around under the guise of being deathly ill, but now I will have to go back to doing chores etc. like normal. Oh well, maybe if I am out lots and get my feet wet and cold, it will come back.



Today Sheri had an appointment to do her nails in Red Deer and due to the fact that I am miraculously healed, I have to take her and Sue in to town.  Her appointment is right down in the old town which is very nicely preserved and the streets are quite narrow.


After the nails we headed down to the Bower Place Mall.  This is the same mall we were at the other day but I found a few other neat things to take pictures of.


I love this life sized chuckwagon.


A farm near Rochfort Bridge and Mayerthorpe was the site of the Mayerthorpe Incident on March 3, 2005, in which four officers of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police were shot and killed in a raid on a marijuana drug operation.  This incident shocked all of us across Canada, and the USA.  The mall has a nice memorial to them at one of the entrances right where everyone walks by.  


The girls insisted that I get something to eat so I grabbed a quick Taco.  Now this is what a couple of girls who are on Detox Day 2 look like while I am eating a taco.


Tonight we are Street Docking outside our daughters house in Lacombe Alberta, and this is the view from our window.


1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how happy I am for Sue that you experienced that miracle, Lorne. Wonders never cease!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.