Friday 16 June 2023

It's a Bear!!

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

We had Max come to spend the day with us and when I headed over to the shack he came with me.  He said "look grampa the garbage is tipped over."  Sure enough it was and there were some big rips in the bag.  We don't normally have racoons down here so there was only one other thing it could be.  Yup a bear!!!


We knew there was a bear around last night because Archie was restless and barked a lot.  We actually heard the bear crashing through the underbrush near our motorhome and he was making lots of bear sounds.  So I looked up and saw a hamburger wrapper up in the tree right by the shack!!


Hmmm thats funny!!  Then I saw that the bark on the tree had claw marks in the shape of a bear paw.  He had found something tasty to snack on and climbed the tree to make sure he could eat it in peace I guess.  He has been around a few times now and has not been a nuisance yet.  One of the things that will make them a nuisance is food so we will be more vigilant on keeping our garbage's empty at night.




The only other thing going on in my life today was doing some wood runs to sell firewood to the campers.  Sheri dropped by and gave me a hand filling the totes.  I love to spend time with my kids.  The wood sales thing gives me something to do and I love talking to everyone along the way.  Good Nite!!







3 comments:

  1. Perhaps if the bear doesn’t find food in the park it will move on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild life does remind us of our forgetfulness. LOL.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.