Tuesday 6 June 2023

Meetings, meetings, meetings!!!

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

When I went to do the blog post tonight, I realized that I didn't have a single picture of my day.  I had to quick think of some things to take a quick picture of that could make a story.  First I will report on the portion of my day which was not documented visually.   
My day was full of meetings.   We had a Chamber of Commerce meeting at noon in Rivers.  Cj's is a member of the Chamber and it is important in the smaller towns that businesses support each other.  
Once that meeting was over I headed back to the lake for a meeting with our food wholesaler representative.  Geoff from Pratts spent an hour and a half hearing our concerns and suggesting solutions where he could.  The food industry is changing fast and pricing is certainly important to us, but just as important is the quality of the food we produce.  We need high quality supplies to maintain our high standards.
I had some computer work to do after that in preparation for our Friends of Rivers Lake meeting at 6 pm.  I am the president of that organization so I had to make up an agenda.  The vice president takes over for the winter months and I really appreciate that.  We identify and try to find solutions for problems in and around our lake.  
Of course while I was on the computer I ended up going down the rabbit hole and finding a couple neat things.  The first is a little tongue in cheek instruction manual for fire departments.  I had to snicker a bit.


The second thing was this very true quote.  It has been my motto all my life.


Also today I was thinking of a fellow blogger friend who passed away a couple years ago.  We have met so many wonderful people in our travels over the last 8 years and George and Suzie are two of them.  Some of them have passed on as has George in 2020.  George wrote Our Awesome Travels. and if ever you want to know what RV life is about you could read for hours about his adventures.  He always used to close his posts with a picture of his supper which was normally cooked on his webber.  


My friend Patsy who writes Chillin with Patsy has carried on the picture of supper tradition, but I don't think she will mind if I post a picture of my supper in honour of George!!!  Pork chop (not on the webber) beans and baked potato.


The highlight of my evening was writing this blog.  I am glad I have decided to keep writing this summer and I hope you enjoy a little insight into what Sue and I do to keep busy.  We have lots planned for this summer and we hope we can entertain you with our adventures.  Good Nite!!!



4 comments:

  1. Lorne I miss George and Susie's blog too. You and Sue live a very busy summer time.
    Appreciate you taking the time to share your summertime with us .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice memory of George, our dear blogger friend. I can follow his tradition but never fill those knowledgeable footsteps. I'm very happy that you continue to blog all summer as well. It's like we're both walking arm in arm through this blogging thing. 😄 boring or interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping the blog running this summer. Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always happy to read your post. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.