Sunday 18 June 2023

There is a hole in my Heart Today.

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

Today is Fathers Day, and today is bitter sweet.  I received Fathers Day greetings from all our kids today which were appreciated.  I love our kids, all of them.  But this morning I woke with a hole in my heart because I knew there would be no text from Derek today.  His wife Nicole texted me with good wishes which means a lot to me.  She has that same empty feeling as us.  It is one of those firsts which are not easy.  Love you Nicole and I would give the world for you not to have to experience these moments.  I felt him near today and it made me smile.

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest.  Well not around here.  I just seem to change my priorities and instead of doing Cj's stuff, I do little chores around the motorhome.  This morning I got up on the roof and replaced the vent cover that blew off a couple months ago.



While I was up there I took some pictures of our surroundings.  



Then I went inside and fixed a couple drawers and changed out the big clunky table out for a small one.  It will serve us better.



Do you remember the corner booth that I took out of Percy?  Well we put it in the Ponderosa and I think it will work!!  It doesn't look that bad.



Sheri is having her first ever buffet supper at "Cj's on the Links" for fathers day and she invited us up to try it out.  We even had a reservation!!!


She had a yummy buffet with roast beef, meatballs, carrots, potatoes and a pile of salads with dessert and a drink included.  It was delicious!!!  It is so amazing to watch her grow in the restaurant business.  She is doing this one all on her own and is killing it.   Thanks for feeding old dad tonight.  Oh yes and our waitress was Dani!  She did an awesome job and I realized when I got halfway home that I never even offered to pay for supper nor did I tip Dani.  Cheap old grampa!!!  I will get them later I guess.  

I left everything I didn't like behind!!  It was all good.

When we got home we saw that Walkers Greenhouse had been here to plant our flowers in the trellis thingy!!  Thanks Kendra and Travis for looking after us so well!!


If you are squeamish maybe just skip this part and don't look at the next picture.  Archie has been chasing gophers since we arrived back at the park and generally he is looking the wrong way as the gopher escapes.  Well tonight he worked real hard and finally had his first trophy.  He was soooooo proud.  I know its kinda gross but it is a huge thing for him.  Good Boy!!!  Good Nite!!!



2 comments:

  1. I know nothing of your pain, never having lost a child but I can understand your DIL, these are hard times. It is important to keep the link between you all strong. It is comforting for all, and will help in times of difficulty, loneliness, extremely rough days.
    I enjoyed the rooftop view. I doubt CJ’S at the Links expected you to pay or tip.
    Belated Happy Fathers Day.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my husband would love Archie. He loves anything that kills gophers. I'm sure everyone's emotions were all over the place today. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.