Monday 26 June 2023

More Rain Today

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

I went to scrub out my coffee pot this morning at the back yucky sink.  I noticed a green thing on there.  We do have green frog candies that we put on kids ice cream cones so I figured that was what it was.  But why was it there??  This is what our candy frogs look like.


This is what was on the sink.


A little closer inspection revealed that it was actually a frog.  How he got in here was amazing and then how he managed to hop his way up to the sink is beyond me.  I had to relocate him to the great outdoors.  Kenia would love this little guy. Frog in Spanish is Rana.  


Lunch time saw a group of seniors from the personal care home join us for lunch.  The day was perfect temperature and they said this was the first time out for lunch since before Covid!!


An update on the little birds in the nest above our order window.  They are growing fast and it won't be long before they are off and flying.


Susan and I headed into Brandon to get some things in the late afternoon.  It was a nice sunny day when we left but by the time we were getting the last of our things I got an alert on my phone.  Yes we are in tornado season and get an alert every time a whispy little cloud comes over.  We went out for supper and as we sat there looking out the window the sky just got blacker and blacker.  


It didn't deter us from enjoying our supper.  It was good to the last drop of gravy.  My mother passed away so I don't feel obligated to eat all my vegetables anymore.  Sorry mom!!!


Things got progressively worse as we headed north and then west right into the storm.  Lots of rain and a bit of hail made for an interesting drive.  But we made it.




And then it was over.  Lots of water laying around.


One thing I did notice was that there was a field of canola that was in flower already.  My summer is slipping away.  Good Nite!





1 comment:

  1. Sheri-Lyn Green27 June 2023 at 18:46

    We must’ve passed each other in Brandon then! I got caught IN the storm leaving superstore lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.