Tuesday 13 June 2023

Some Chores and a Ball Game

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

Headed into Brandon this morning to pick up a few things.  Had to stop at Princess Auto, Home Depot, Walmart, Superstore, Christies School Supplies and Accent Striping.   I went to all of the above and when I stopped at Accent Striping I noticed some pancake mix on the front bumper!!!  I remembered Kaitlyn had put it there last night while she carried other things into the shack.  The mix had travelled the 60 kms to Brandon, and then all over Brandon before I noticed it.  I bet lots of people were wondering why I had pancake mix on my front bumper!!!


Guess one of the things I bought in Brandon??  Yup more potatoes.  Only 6 bags today.


I did a quick change up in the kitchen with some bins that I originally bought for wood but they were too flimsy.  They have 4 little wheels so they really work well under our work tables in the shack.  The girls set to work putting the right things in each one, which will lessen the amount of steps they have to get supplies when they are busy.  I got good reviews from all the staff!!




Then  it was off to Hamiota to drop Dani off to work for Sheri, and I had a couple chores to do in exchange for lunch.. Mmmmm it was good.


I had to hurry back because we were going to Sila's ball game in Melita.  Max and Grace were coming too, to spend time with their cousins.


Melita boasts being in the Banana Belt!!!  It is warm there I know.


Melita is an hour and a half away so we met Nicole and the whole family there for supper.  We don't get to spend nearly enough time with this group but do enjoy the time we do get.  

Abby, Emma, Me, Sue, Nicole, Lincoln, Silas, Grace and Max.

Abby and Emma hamming it up!

Silas is quite the ball player.  He can hit the ball and catch the ball and seems to understand the concept of the game.  It was an interesting game and I have no idea who won!!  Good Job Silas!!



Since the game, Nicole has posted Emma and Silas's Ball team pictures.  Good job to both kids on a great season.


Emma on the left

We picked up some butter tarts for the ride home.


There was a bit of an inversion tonight so there was lots of smoke hanging in the air from all the wild fires to the west of us.  It makes for some interesting sunset picture.  That was our day today.  Good Nite!!



1 comment:

  1. Doesn't everyone drive around with pancake mix on the bumper? I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.