Thursday 19 September 2024

Today More Than the Motorhome Went South

WHERE ARE WE? "The Farm" near Woodridge Manitoba

We are just taking a couple days to wind down and catch up on things that need catching up on.  One of the things to catch up on is our Manitoba Health care eligibility.  When I went for my check yesterday, the lady who checked me in said maybe I should check why MB Health shows cancelling my coverage as of Nov 30th!!!  Yeah I guess I should!!!  So today I called and that my days for this years trip did not all line up!!!  I would be out of Manitoba for more than 212 days!! Well I have a little Excel spreadsheet I keep track of my days out of the country and in Manitoba as well.  They used to preach having to be in Manitoba for 150 days which is how my spreadsheet lined us up.  But they said I would be "out" of Manitoba for 215 days which is over the limit!!!  I did argue that they didn't do math very well because when I went to school 150 plus 215 made 365 which I was taught was how many days there are in a year.  Nope, not in the eyes of Manitoba Health. 150 plus 212 equals a year!!! So I had to redo my application showing the 212 days instead of 215.  
So then we discussed why they were going to cancel my health care without notifying me?  No answer. I guess I would just find out when it happened.  Then I asked if I got credit for the 5 days I was in Manitoba last March?  Nope. I asked why not because I was not out of the country.  He said I would have to start a new trip to claim the 5 days and wait 150 days in Manitoba before I could go back.  I left that one right there.  Careful what you ask for!!  lol  So I asked if I was good to go now and the reply I got was that my application had been resubmitted and my temporary health card would be mailed in 6 to 8 weeks.  I hope they don't find anymore weird rules cause I will be in Mexico in 8 weeks and I aint comin home. lol  Poor Archie couldn't believe how silly this all turned out to be and hid his head in shame.  lol 


Well with that done the other thing was to apply for our Manitoba Public Insurance rebate for the time we were insured under Mexican Insurance.  We get all our premiums back except for 14 days while we are in Mexico.  That amounts to almost $1000 a year.  And guess what?  I discovered I hadn't applied for last years rebate either.  Hope they don't find any glitches with this process like the health benefit thingy!!!
The rest of the day was spent being lazy.  Archie and Sully hung around with me all afternoon.  Sully used to be our dog, but he didn't like travelling so our daughter Karalee took him and he is the best dog ever here on the farm.  He sure does remember Sue and I though.  That was it for us today.


Oh no it wasn't!!  Guess what is on tonight?  Yup Season 47 of Survivor.  We watched the 2 hour premier tonight!! Good Nite!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.