Wednesday 18 September 2024

My IDC checked out Fine

WHERE ARE WE? Near Woodridge Manitoba

We got to sleep in this morning because we were only about a half hour from the St. Boniface hospital, so I got some breakfast at Denny's but Sue didn't want any.  We decided to move the motorhome into the city because that is the direction we will head later today.  I went to my ICD checkup for 1 pm appointment. This appointment is not to check me out, but rather to check out the device.  They check how much battery life is left and make sure the wires into my heart are working.  They speed up and slow down my heart just to check it and it feels quite weird.  All was good and I have between 5 and 8 years left before I will need another battery change.  



After the appointment, we met my cousins, Kenn and Babe for lunch.  We do not see them often, so it was good to catch up.  


We are going to spend a couple days at Karalee's place before heading south so we headed east of Winnipeg.  We stopped at Walmart in Steinbach to get a few things.  A couple pairs of cheap sandals, some BO remover and a few groceries which hardly covered the bottom of the cart. 


 Guess how much??  Crazy.  It's just hard to figure out how people can survive with prices the way they are.


We arrived at Karalee's about 6 pm and got all set up.  We will be here until Saturday.  



We spent the evening chatting with Karalee.  She is taking a couple days off to hang with us so that will be nice.


This was our route today.  Good Nite!!




1 comment:

  1. Your cousin Ken hasn't changed much over the years!!
    Did you put some shreddies in the motor home??
    Wishing you some safe travels and make sure you post regularly so I have something to read before bed, it'll sure beat reading the online obituaries!! 😀

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.