Wednesday 2 October 2024

Day 3 of our 1 Day Stay

WHERE ARE WE? Vandalia Lake, Illinois

Another beautiful day here at the lake.  We enjoy watching the pelicans fishing away outside the motorhome.  Archie is a little wary of them.  He likes to bark until they fly away, but these guys were having none of his woofing!!! They just kept on fishing.  



And there was a grey heron over on the other side just enjoying life.  


Then I went to work on a couple of projects.  First one was checking to see if the little O2 extender I bought at NAPA yesterday would fit.   No such luck so I will have to return it this afternoon.  I will order the right one online from Walmart. 




Next was fixing the Ebike.  I have been having trouble with the On/Off switch so I took it apart and had a look at it.  There was lots of corrosion around the switch so I cleaned it as best as I could and put it back together.  It seems to be working for now but I need to get some electrical contact cleaner.  That's for another day.


Well then on to the furnace.  It quit working a while ago and I need to find out why.  I did a bunch of checking but the power is not going through to the furnace blower.  I decided to save that search for another day.  Remember we are chasing warm weather so shouldn't need it for a while.  



After lunch I headed downtown to return the part that wouldn't fit on my O2 sensor.  I noticed this mock up of the St Louis Arch, only its only about 35 feet tall.  Kinda cute it is.


Chuck and Angie joined us for supper tonight.  They have had a busy day and it will be nice to visit tonight.



I got the fire going so we can sit around it to tell our tall tales.  It was very enjoyable.



Its been another great day here at Vandalia Lake but our time is coming to an end.  This will be our last sunset here.  



There is nothing like a fire to make the ending of a day perfect. 


When Chuck and Angie headed home, we followed them to check out the fire breathing dragon by their RV Park.  You buy a token at the liquor store and when you put it in the box, it shoots out fire!!!  It's the darndest thing ever!!  Good Nite!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.