Thursday 11 January 2018

Back to the Beach

We decided that the weather was going to break for a little bit back at South Padre Island so we will head up there again to give P&H a chance to sit by the ocean.  Our travels today will be like this.


We all lined up and "The Bird" serenaded us out of the campground.  Each bird built has a built in loudspeaker on which they can play a variety of different clips from songs.  It is unique to this type of motor home, and we are always honored when they play it for us.


Here is the list they have to choose from:

00 America the Beautiful
01 Angel Flying too Close
02 Baby Elephant Walk
03 Back in the Saddle Again
04 Batman
05 Bud/This Bud's for You
06 Camelot
07 Coke/It's the Real Thing
08 Deep in the Heart of Texas
09 Delta Dawn
0A Dixie
0B Florida/Swanee River
0C Georgia on my Mind
0D Give my Regards to Broadway
0E Goldfinger
0F Good Day Sunshine
10 Greensleeves
11 Happy Birthday
12 Have a Merry Little Christmas
13 He's Got the Whole World
14 Hey Jude
15 I Believe in Music
16 I Can See Clearly Now
17 I'm Looking Over a 4-Leaf Clover
18 I'm Sitting on Top of the World
19 If Ever I would Leave You
1A If I Were a Rich Man
1B In The Mood
1C It Looks Like Christmas
1D It's a Big Wide Wonderful World
1E It's a Small World
1F Jingle Bells
20 Key Largo
21 Mames Don't Let Your Babies
22 Moon River
23 Mrs. Robinson
24 My Favorite Thing
25 On the Road Again
26 Over the River
27 Raindrops Keep Fallin'
28 Sentimental Journey
29 Seventy Six Trombones
2A Strawberry Fields Forever(?)
2B Take Me Home Country Roads
2C Texas/When I Die
2D Thank God I'm a Country Boy
2E Thanks for the Memory
2F The Eyes of Texas
30 The Happy Wanderer
31 The Sound of Music
32 The Yellow Rose of Texas
33 Theme from "Jaws 2"
34 Theme from Love Story
35 Time in a Bottle
36 Tumbling Tumbleweeds
37 We Are The World
38 We Wish You a Merry Christmas
39 We've Only Just Begun
3A What the World Needs Now
3B When the Saints
3C Yesterday
3D Your Are My Sunshine
3E Your Cheatin' Heart
3F Zip-a-Dee Doo-Dah


Now I promised you a Mexican word of the day while we were in Falcon, so here is the last one.

mi bebida favorita es la cerveza -  my favorite drink is beer.

Ok and then there is this one too to go along with the first one!!!

We hadn't got very far in our travels and we became part of a huge funeral procession. There were probably 100 cars in the line.  We followed the last truck very slowly.


Now just as we got to the cemetary, a cop sped by me with lights on and stopped a car just in front of me.  The kid jumped out and quicker than you could say Jack Sprat, the cop had him in handcuffs.  Woops!! I guess he wasn't part of the funeral.  We didn't get a good look and no pictures, but Pat and Harold saw the whole thing unfurl.

We went back to Malaquite campground in the National Seashore on South Padre Island.  We got all set up and then went for a quick walk on the beach.  It was nasty windy here today.




When we went to put out the bedroom slide we didn't realize that Sues Texas Star had fallen off the wall and it kinda got crunched in behind.  I think it is fixable.


Here is the view from our window tonight:


Our Location tonight:  Malaquite Beach Texas.  Boondocking


1 comment:

  1. Interesting day, some excitement to get the heart pumping. I'll bet those lights made your heart do a bit of a pitter patter, it would mine at least.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.