Saturday 4 March 2023

No Chicken for Me Today!

WHERE ARE WE? La Penita, Mexico

This is what I wake up to almost every morning!!  Archie comes up real close and gives me his evil eye.  I try not to let him see me looking at him, but if he sees me, he quick as a wink grabs my nose (gently) and then pulls on my beard a bit.  He has those eyes that give his thoughts away.  They scream "don't trust me!!)


Kind of a sit around day until our tummies started to grumble.  We have an awesome chicken place a couple blocks down the street and every time we go by on the highway, the smoke is rolling out of the cooker and the smell of chicken fills the air.  So we thought we might go get a chicken for supper.  I headed down about 4:30 and guess what.  Girl just sold last chicken!!!  Weiner water soup for supper again tonight!!!

empty!

Sunset tonight cast some awesome colours around the sky.  





Our friends Normand and Suzanne are positioned to drive the Natchez Trace.  They stopped beside the Mississippi River for the night and caught a beautiful sunset.  Safe Travels!!  Good Nite!!





2 comments:

  1. Interesting as usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to catch your own chicken 😀

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.