Tuesday 23 May 2023

A Bear and a Blower

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

Just another day in the Park.  During the week we don't open the shack until 4 so Sue and I went to Brandon for stuff.  I picked up some repairs and bought a brand new blower for the golf course.  My old one is getting repaired and when it comes back, I will sell it.  It is still a good one, but I wanted more ooooooouuuffff!  This one has it!!!

Our local ball team, the Rivers Comets are playing the home opener tonight.  Of course the temperature dropped and the wind started howling before game time.  I went to the game and sat in the stands for the first inning.  After 1 inning the score was 9 to 2 for us and I was freezing.


So I got in the Jeep and went to the back field to watch with the heater on.  Its not as good watching from there, but it was warm.


About the 4th inning the score was now 15 to 2 so I decided to head home.  I had bought a 50/50 ticket and they drew that in the 5th so I decided to stay for the draw.  I never win!!  Well guess what??  I won.  Of course it was on the night where there were no spectators to speak of so the pot was low, but none the less, I WON!!



When I got home from the game one of the campers came around saying he had just scared a bear away from his site.  I went for a little drive and low and behold he was checking out the garbage dumpster.  He was a good size one, probably a male and he wasn't aggressive at all.  He was just wandering through.  He headed by Percy the motorhome and on west.  This is the first bear I have seen in the park, although there certainly have been some. 






At one point he stood outside the door of the motorhome which got Archie all riled up.  He was on guard for the rest of the night!!!  I wasn't!  I snored the night away!! Good Nite!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win! A win is a win no matter how small. Pocket money!
    A black bear? Freaky to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the bear doesn't come back and thinks he is a regular.
    You live in a pretty area.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.