Wednesday 24 May 2023

Another Job for Me

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

Another of our side ventures involves a property maintenance and management contract with Manitoba Housing.  We provide caretaker services mainly but also do contract work for them.  Our daughter Sheri actually does the contract and I do the work. lol  She has to look after things in the winter while we are gone south.  One of the contract things is mowing grass at government owned low rental houses that are vacant.  Right now there are 2 in town so I do the grass at them as well as doing the grass at a 12 suite apartment.  I love doing grass early in the year, but as the summer wears on, it becomes a chore.  Anyhow, here is what I did for a few hours this afternoon.

This is an empty lot with lots of rocks and gravel 

I took a back trail into town.  It's about a 2 mile drive

Lets back up a bit.  Before I could go cut grass I had to get the mower deck mounted on the tractor.  It is easy and fast except I always forget the process and it takes me a long time hooking and unhooking and redoing belt to get it on.  I should write it down someplace or do a You Tube of it.


When I got home I noticed that one of our paddle boats had come home from storage.  A friend of ours had delivered it today because he needed to move it in the storage shed to get at some of his stuff.  Thanks Kevin!!  I will go get the rest of them tomorrow I guess.


After my wood run tonight I had to cover the wood in the back of the truck because we have a bit of an unsettled forecast.  The temps are great, just the rain might put a damper on our weekend.



Another of my jobs is to do the cash out at the end of the night.  It reminds me of my friend Patsy and her puzzles because there is always some little piece of my puzzle missing.  Someone always forgets that they messed with the cash and didn't write it down.  Its a good thing most of it is debit so it works itself out!!!  Oh well I rather enjoy it.  


Something I am enjoying that I can't find in Mexico is Golden Brown Sugar on my cereal.  I had a bowl for a snack tonight.  Brown sugar in a bowl with just a sprinkling of Corn Flakes!!!  LOL  Sue gives me heck for the amount of sugar I use.  She's the diabetic and my sugars are perfect so the Dr. tells me.


Archie always gets the zoomies just about bed time.  He likes to help fluff the bed up before we retire. Tonight was no different.  Good Nite!!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, you sound like someone very close to me! He has to keep busy too.
    Glad the cash count generally works out, sometimes I'm not so lucky with the puzzles.
    Gibbs waits until I'm in bed and then beside me he does the scratching thing. They are such a joy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.