Tuesday 9 May 2023

Busy Doing Chores Getting Ready to Open Cj's

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

I kinda slept in this morning and next thing I knew, Sheri was arriving for coffee.  We have to get a plan in place to get Cj's on Ice closed down and cleaned up for the season, and get Cj's Snack Shack cleaned up and opened for the season, and at the same time set up the newest venture, Cj's on the Links in Hamiota which is about 30 minutes away.  It should be a busy summer.


My job today was to ready the wood compound for the delivery of a truck load of wood soon.  Right now the old Jeep, the boat, and the truck are all parked in the compound right in the way.


Now I had all the time in the world last fall to get things ready for winter by disconnecting all of the batteries but NO, I forgot I guess.  Anyway the truck battery was stone dead, but wow...the Jeep started right up.  I got busy and charged the truck battery and soon I had them all moved.  Project #1 complete.




Next project was to get the big double Kayak out of the shack kitchen so Sue could move in there.  Sheri gave me a hand and it is on the rack.  I will have to get the other 5 kayaks out of storage soon.  I hate to rent them too early because if someone tipped they could get hypothermia real easy.  There was still ice on the lake late last week.


After lunch Sheri and I headed to Hamiota to sign the contract and check out the facilities at the Hamiota Golf Course which will be Cj's on the Links.  The kitchen has most everything that will be needed to get started.  I think this will be a fun venture for Sheri.




I sort of snickered because whoever they had hired to run the kitchen last year was a fan of duct tape.  The golf clubs duct taped in place to hold the serving window open caught my eye!!!  I might have to fix that!!


This was one of the first days that golfers were out on the course there.  The green had a little winter kill but that will grow in soon.  Things are getting quite green.


We got quite a bit accomplished today but there is still lots to do.  We will be busy but we will pull it off.  We are still parked up top with both motorhomes and we still need to get our federal inspection done on Percy so we can register it.  I will get that booked tomorrow.  That was it for us today.  Good Nite!!!




4 comments:

  1. Good Luck with getting all your chores done and being ready to open !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots going on. Hope you have a great summer!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren’t you glad you rested over the winter? Good luck as you move forward with so many things to keep you occupied.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.