Saturday 27 May 2023

Its Garbage Day at Cj's

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

Everyone has a garbage day in their lives I'm sure, and we are no different here at Cj's.  We have a large dumpster that was overdue for being dumped so we were happy to see the truck arrive today.  Its important to keep it dumped so we don't attract the bears.  We get this done every 2 weeks and we manage to fill it almost every time.



Archie is becoming a regular riding with me when I go to town and on wood runs.  He has one bad habit though, and that is his obsession with giving my face a quick lick at the most inopportune times.  He surprises me every time, and it was just by chance that I got this photo.


One of my projects today was to find out why our furnace in Percy quit working on our trip home.  We travelled in a rain storm and that was the last time it worked.  Actually now when I turn the thermostat to heat, the roof air conditioner comes on.  I did some research and found that this is a common problem with these furnaces because the control board gets wet and the way it is mounted, it just sits in the water and shorts out.  I guess I need a new control board because when I took it apart, it was sitting in a puddle of water.  There are a couple fixes for the problem which I will do before remounting the new control board.  Stay tuned.


the area in the middle is where it shorted out.


So I had a little talk with some of the new girls to Cj's about my OCD about keeping the ice cream freezers free from ice cream spills.  I told them that I want them to be as clean as possible at all times.  They had a little spare time shortly after and this is what I found when I went in the shack!!  Bethany wins the prize for taking instructions, however I didn't mean to get down and dirty while doing it.  LOL.  I guess maybe her arms are too short to reach the bottom of the freezer!!


 Tonight was my favorite evening of the week.  It's "Music in the Park" night.  We had the same performers as last week, but they always come up with something different to entertain us will.  The crowd was down because there was a threat of rain.  We did get a shower right at the end, but nothing to speak of.  Thanks guys for taking the time to entertain us!!






That was another day in my life.  Good Night!!




1 comment:

  1. If you end up needing a new control board, get a Dinosaur brand. First though, try drying the old one out with a hair dryer... you might be surprised.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.