Sunday 14 January 2024

A Little of This and a Little of That

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

This morning our little local fisherman George (pronounced horhey) decided that it was time for the esturary to run again.  He was trying to tell me something about his boat up in the estuary and all I could guess was that he wanted to float it out into the ocean without having to portage it over the sand.  Anyway, he dug away with a pail for a few hours and finally he got it to run.  The estuary is about 6 feet above the low tide of the ocean so once he got it to run through the sand it carved its own path and soon was running 4 feet deep and 20 feet wide, washing all the sand out into the ocean.  He gave a little dance, and off he went.  I hope he got to do what he wanted to.



I spent a good portion of my late morning and early afternoon reading a good book.  Every once in a while I get to reading books and I will read a half dozen, then I will just walk away for a couple years.  Well I am 2 books into my reading phase now. lol  Its a John Grisham book and is what they call "a Page turner"!!


Of course after a couple hours of reading the tummy got to grumbling.  Sue is not feeling well today and has a cold which is keeping her in bed all day, so food is not a priority for her.   So I headed down to my favorite restaurant for the liver and onions special.  I got more than I could eat, along with a half dozen tortilla's and a coke for 90 pesos, which is like 6.50 CND.  I won't even need supper now.


On my ride back home there was a birthday party going on.  They set up a bouncy castle right out in the street!!!  Now this isn't a really busy street, but there is a fair bit of traffic so I would be a bit wary of having kids running around.   Not here.  No problem.  Just crank up the music and party!!!


When I got back, all the action was on the beach.  Howard had his little drone up taking some video of the area.  



The Paramotor guys were giving us some low and overs.  I really want to do this!!!


And then it was sunset time again.  It seems that we get one EVERY day down here.  



Our friends Michael and Sandra up in San Carlos sent us a picture of them sitting around a campfire with friends on a warm evening.  They are getting some nice weather now.  Thanks for the email guys!!  Good Nite!




2 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds fantastic! Hope Sue feels better soon. We all had that same thing, except for Deb D. She managed to stay healthy.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem...not here...just crank up the music and party. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.