Friday 19 January 2024

A Rant and Another Sunset

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

Today would be a day for our friends from back home to get settled and find out some of the things that this area has to offer.  They said they enjoyed their first night but like everyone who first arrives here, they noticed a lot of different noises going on over night.  Roosters, dogs, gecko's, and Mexican noises in general.  This morning Susan, yes another Susan, brought me a little gift from Canada.  She read my blog about not being able to get baby aspirin down here and brought me 3 bottle of them.  This will be enough to get me back to Canada.  Thanks Susan.  As a quick note, we now have 2 Suzannes, a Sue, a Suzie, and a Susan as part of our park.  


I always have to question some things in life and the apirin packaging was one of them.  Our world is crying out about the mounds of garbage we are creating and the old recycle programs have sort of either stalemated or completely gone by the wayside. I took the aspirins from all 3 of theses bottles and combined them into one bottle and ended up with garbage on the left and the product on the right.  Why couldn't we just sell 1 bottle with more product for guys like me and save all that waste.  Good thing they didn't ship it Amazon or there would have been a 2 foot square box full of bubble wrap as well!!  Oh yes we are trying to be carbon neutral by some 2035 when there isn't really a carbon problem, instead of trying to fix some easy things.  (Shakes head)!


The newbies and Sue and I headed downtown to have lunch and pick up a few groceries.  We stopped at my go to lunch restaurant El Pollito!!!  We had a nice lunch for a reasonable price.  



Later in the day Normand and I went down to La Colonia to get some bottles of water.  When we get it delivered to our gate, we pay 35 peso's for 5 gallons.  By taking it to the depot we only pay 14 peso's.  The depot is a clean place and they wash and disinfect our bottles inside and out and fill them and put a new lid on.  By doing this, we save 20 peso's a bottle and because we grocery shop across the road from the water place, we don't really have to make a special trip.  With escalating prices even here in Mexico, we need to start watching our peso's and this is a good start.   I also got my 20 lb propane tank filled at the depot and it was 150 peso's which is about $12 CND.  



We all headed out to the beach for another sunset.  It's kinda getting to be a habit around here!!!  After last nights "Rocketman",  now I hear the Elton song "its like the sun going down on me!!" playing in my head.  Its stuck in your head now isn't it?   Good Nite!!






2 comments:

  1. My mom and dad were at Rocketman last night too. Did you enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the excessive packaging on all things. It is ridiculous.
    I exchanged the same size tank yesterday for $24 USD. The prices are getting insane.
    Loved the sunset.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.