Wednesday 8 February 2023

Booking Flights Today

WHERE ARE WE? La Penita, Mexico

Got a nice picture of Karl and Suzie heading out on their motorcycle for a little tour around town.  Karl was going to venture up the back roads to the hot pools by himself to check out the road.  It is a rough and tumble road as I remember it.  I wish him luck.


Sue and I spent a good portion of the afternoon arranging for a quick flight home for me in March.  Long story but the coles notes is that it is cheaper for me to fly home and reactivate my government travel insurance, than for me to buy a policy independently.  All I have to do is touch Manitoba soil and my government policy is good for a period of time again.  I need enough insurance to get us back through the USA into Canada.  Well I got the first flight done with a stop in Mexico City, Vancouver, and Calgary before arriving in Brandon on March 29.   The return part of the trip is a direct flight from Winnipeg back to PV on April 1.  Sheri and Dani will be coming with me so we all tried booking together but the web site was giving us grief.  We could get everything done and then it would say sorry no go!!  Very frustrating.  It used to be that you could phone the airline and they would sort it out and book it for you, but I defy you to find a warm body to talk to anywhere.  The only person that I talked to said they think there is work being done to the web site and to just wait.  So wait we will till tomorrow.
  
This looks like it was paid for but no!!


Sue and I headed down for a fresa plantino smoothie at Kenia's El Cafecito tonight.  She was super busy and we had to wait a while. 



Oscar was there helping and we reminded him that if he saves his money, he could buy a motorbike like the one he was admiring, someday.  


The only odd thing we saw all day was a panda bear walking around town.  We headed home to relax for the night after that.  Good Nite!




3 comments:

  1. You're right. That IS odd seeing a panda walking around. They usually ride motorbikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting information about the health insurance. So when you touch Manitoba soil, that will also continue your wife's insurance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt Sue has to worry since she has been home for a period of time.
      That's our thought.

      Delete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.