Wednesday 15 February 2023

Getting Ready for Festival

WHERE ARE WE? La Penita, Mexico

This morning I went down town to meet Kenia to get some measurements for doing some work on the Cafecito.  When I got there, Kenia was meeting with the plaza committee and securing a place for her to set up shop for the Carnival this weekend.  I can't quite figure it out but I think she is on the committee in some capacity, but she says she doesn't see eye to eye with the chairperson.  Oh well!!  This is kinda like a Mexican Mardi Gras I think so there will be lots of people around so Kenia wanted to make sure she got a spot and that it was a good one for her.




The spot she normally has is not available to her for any special events so she has to apply for a new spot.  They did give her a spot right by her power meter.  I will have to put in a new plug in for her.  So down to the store I went to get all the supplies to put in the plug.  It didn't take long to install the new one.  Notice black wire is used for everything.  Reverse polarity is not a big deal down here and yes the power ranges from 105 to 140 volts on any given day.  When I tested this breaker box, it showed 138 volts!!!


So by the time I got finished it was lunch time, so I grabbed a pulled pork sandwich from the lunch place on the side of the street.  It was quite yummy.  I only had one though, the other one was for another customer.


I did see a genuine Mexican cowboy walking in the plaza.   I think he has broke a lot of tough horses in his day!!


And then we went for lunch again!!  My goodness, I don't know how much more dining out I can take.  Our Mexican family was going to the sushi bar and invited us along last minute.  Now I'm not much of a sushi kinda guy but I really did enjoy this lunch.  


I let Kenia order for me and she ordered some shrimp and guacamole on a bed of rice with some other stuff in it.  Sue had sushi and Oscar had soup.




We headed back downtown to check out the kids festival tonight.  They are raising money to put a new roof on one of the school buildings, which was damaged by a hurricane.  There were lots of kids there and they had painting and games and a stage show with lots of dancing.



We stopped by Kenia's Cafecito and caught Oscar working, or should I say playing.  He was having quite a giggle about his get up!!!


So I can hear this guy at the motorcycle dealer asking "How many does it hold?  2 you say! Hold my cervesa!!!".  Somebody said there was a helmet on the holder on the other side where the policia could see it!!  The one kid is wearing a mask under his chin, so no danger of dying of Covid!!!


Archie was not impressed and hid in the cupboard!! Good Nite!!!






4 comments:

  1. Seriously, you guys are having way to much fun...keep it up...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...today's blog had me laughing. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun creating it. Its always great when stuff happens that you can laugh at.

      Delete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.