Friday 10 February 2023

Pay Attention to the Signs

WHERE ARE WE? La Penita, Mexico

Today we were meeting up with Pat and Harold and Kevin and Ronda and going to the hot pools past Las Varas.  Kevin and Ronda are in Guayabitos on their annual Mexican holiday.  We headed out about 10 for the 40 minute or so trip to the pools.  There is about 5 kms of cobblestone rock road to get to the pools with some awesome countryside to see.

Harold checks out the dry river bed


So we finally get to the gate to go in the pools and guess what.  The pools are closed until Monday.  So we have to make a change of plan I guess.  We whined all the way back that it would have been nice if they had of had a sign telling us it was closed when we turned off the highway so we didn't have to bounce all the way up this rough road.  



Well guess what?  If we had of looked there WAS a sign telling us they were closed.  We just didn't read it.  


So we decided to go to the cool pools back at Puerta de La Lima.  We have been to them before but only to look.  We decided to pay the 30 pesos and have a nice lunch and a swim today.  I'm glad we did because it was very relaxing.  They have 3 large mountain water fed pools there and we were the only ones in them.  




We checked out some of the neat flora and fauna.  Many things in this area we know nothing about but it is all very pretty.



Pat saw these seed pods and she opened one up.  They were all in a row and when she put them in her hand they were all in heart shapes.  




On the way home Sue and I took a little detour and went into La Colonia and down to the beach.  We came around a corner and the power para gliders were doing some flying.  What an interesting thing to see.  I thought of my friend Bill who is an avid RC flyer and I bet he would love to move up to this sport. They fly over our park on a regular basis but I have never seen them take off so today I got quite a show.  They are very careful to make sure the chute is just perfect before hooking up to the motor and propeller which is strapped to the pilots back.



The pilot then turns to face the chute and gives it a pull and then twists around and starts to run slowly while revving the power unit to full power and off he goes.  I want to get me one of these for sure. 






                             

Maybe next year this will be me.  I have always wanted a way to fly since they took my pilots licence away after my heart attack.  Apparently you can do this form of flying without a license.  We will see.
Good Nite!





4 comments:

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.