Sunday 12 February 2023

A Nice Lunch Surprise

WHERE ARE WE? La Penita, Mexico

We have really settled into a routine here which doesn't involve a whole lot of anything.  In the morning I go sit with Normand and Suzanne with my coffee.  We comment on the state of the ocean (high or low tide) and then I head back to our gazebo to see what has happened in the world since yesterday. Then I try to figure out what is even believable!  A little breakfast and noon creeps up on us.  Today I wandered down to the Malicon to take in an art exhibit which features pictures of birds that hang around this part of the country.  The photographer is a brother of Kenia's friend so that's how we heard about it.  There were about 20 pictures, all very well done.




After looking at all 20 pictures, I was famished.  So I headed downtown to find something to eat.  I chose El Pollito restaurant because it has a nice Mexican feel to it.  This is where you need to remember the 1000 peso lunch for 4 people yesterday.  The waiter tossed a little lunch menu at me on the way by and it had a half dozen options.  Chicken, pork, beef and Higado and some soups.  Well I was guessing that this menu would be a couple taco's with whatever meat you chose.  I ordered Higado without even knowing what it was.  I'm at a point in Mexico where I need to try some new things.  Of course the normal Coke because that is what Mexico survives on.  First the waiter brought some warm plain taco's and of course some hot salsa in a bowl.   So I'm thinking hmmm.  Maybe the special is not taco's!!!  Nope it was not.  It was liver and cebollas and frijolies and ensalada and arros and lots of it.  And it was the best and tenderest liver I have ever tasted.  Wow.  I was full to the brim and couldn't even finish it.


So I got all done, burped a couple times and in my best Spanish indicated to the waiter "la cuenta por favor!!".  He smiled and said " I'll get you the bill man!!"  Lol  Well this was where the surprise came in.  Guess what the total was?   50 pesos for the meal and 25 for the coke.  75 total.  That's like 5 bucks Cnd total.  Crazy!!!  I love Mexico!!!


Remember the other day I bought a couple jacks for Kenia to put under her Cafecito to save her lifting it up onto some bricks?  I went to check to see how they fit today.  I am impressed.  The little trailer is very solid now and there is no lifting involved anymore.



By the time I got all that stuff done it was time to call it a day.  The sun sank quickly in the west and I got time to snap a couple quick pics tonight.   Good Nite!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.