Saturday 7 October 2023

Fixing Some Wiring

WHERE ARE WE? Emma Lake, Saskatchewan

Today was an absolutely beautiful fall day. The sun was shining in the window as I sat in my office doing up the blog.


It was about 11C when I went outside in the morning and got up to 17C or so with no wind.  I had hoped we would get a good day because I had to work on fixing the lights on the back of the Jeep.  Since switching over from the big MH, I had never rewired the cord to work properly on the back of the Jeep.  We only had tail lights on the way up here.  So Ken and I got out the wiring tools and set to work.  Wiring can be fun or frustrating and today was a bit of both.  First thing to learn is that the problem is not always in what you are trying to fix, but can be in the tool you are using to diagnose the problem.   That was the case today because the jumper wire we were using had a break in the wire near the alligator clamp and made us think that the problem was in the Jeep when it wasn't.  We finally figured that out and everything went well from there. 



Before we closed the hood on a job well done, I looked at my booster cables and wondered where I could store them.  Hey I thought, where do I use them most?  The Jeep right?  So I got a bungee cord and tied them up under the hood of the Jeep.  Now they will be right there when I need them instead of searching every storage compartment on the MH.


I remember a long time ago I used to come to Northern Saskatchewan to visit my aunt and uncle and one of the vivid memories was having to use the outhouse, even when it was cold.  Well although there is modern bathrooms here, there is a little outhouse way back in the corner and I just had to visit it for nostalgia's sake.  This one is very nice and a quiet place to contemplate life.  Thanks for the memories.



Just a tidbit of useful information for me, and totally useless information for you that I will share is the total weight of the MH that I calculated from our stop at the weigh scale the other day.  This is our total loaded weight with 1/2 tank fuel and 1/2 tank water and no waste water.  Its about 10000 pounds lighter than the old motorhome.


We had a lovely afternoon of visiting and played some games in the evening.  Then it was time for bed.  We are going to be moving on down the road tomorrow so a good sleep is necessary.  Good Nite!







6 comments:

  1. Be certain to keep an eye on the Bungee, because they can deteriorate causing you to lose your jumper cables.
    Safe Travels and Enjoy your adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what did you do with the old MH? and what is your route to MX this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old one is sleeping for the winter and you need to follow us to see where we go!!!

      Delete
  3. A productive day. Looking forward to reading about your winter travels.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a lovely Saturday compared to ours. We need one or two dry days to finish packing but i think rain coats are going to be required over the next 7 days as it doesn't look promising.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.