Tuesday 30 April 2024

A Few Projects Each Day Gets us Closer to Opening

WHERE ARE WE? Rivers Provincial Park, Rivers Manitoba

A little nicer day today, so we got busy and did some stuff around the shack.  The park has turned the water on, so now it is my turn to get it back on in the shack.  I cut a few lines to drain the water in fall, so I just have to put them back together.  I don't mind just cutting the pipes because Pex pipe is so easy to fix.  I got it all together and filled the hot water tank before turning it on.  We now have hot water with no leaks.


Another project for me was to make sure all the extra batteries were topped up after spending the winter in the shed.  Looks like they all made it.


The other big project today was to use the trimmer to clean up all the perennial flower beds and then to blow off the entire course.  It seemed to have more leaves on it this year.  I burned 2 tanks of gas in the trimmer and 4 tanks of gas in the leaf blower before I finished.  It took me about 6 hours to finish it.

The last little bit.

I blow it all outside the course for pickup.

work for the trimmer

Finished product

When I got finished it was supper time.  Wanna know how I knew?? The smoke detector was laying on the chair!!  LOL  Just kidding, we had an awesome supper of scallop potatoes and farmers sausage.


Had a little visit from Kaitlyn this afternoon.  She had just finished a massage so she was feeling good.  


And a little later we were visited by Donovan and Sheri.  Donovan brought his golden lab Cooper down and even though the water is still freezing cold, Cooper just had to go swimming.  Man that has to be cold.


Spent the evening watching Survivor.  We finished Season 1 and watched the first 2 episodes of Season 2.  It is neat going back and watching them again, now that we know how far the strategy has progressed over the years.  Right now its just like a big holiday on the beach, but I'm sure the strategy will start to kick in soon.  We are supposed to have rain for the next 3 days so our efforts will have to move inside the shack.  We have lots to do in there so we will be busy.  Good Nite!!!



2 comments:

  1. I bet you slept well last night. Cleaning the course looked like a lot of work.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't start watching Survivor until Season 2. I keep telling myself to watch Season one but I forget...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.