Tuesday 19 October 2021

Here Kitty Kitty!!!

WHERE ARE WE? Richfield Utah 
NEXT DESTINATION? Lake Mead, maybe Poverty Flats

When we woke up this morning there was snow on the mountains to the west.  There were also some big old clouds over the mountain so we decided to hang out and let the sun shine through.


We moved down to the rest area in town and filled up with water at the dump station.  The rest area was down by the Colorado River and the trees were in all their glory.


After about an hour the clouds thinned out so we decided it was time to move on.  Although we had said a while ago we would just do a couple hundred kilometers a day, we are at a point where we can almost feel the warm sun that we will get at Lake Mead, so we made a decision to put some miles under our belts today.   457 Kms to be exact.


We do enjoy the movie that we see out our big front windows.


This route across Interstate 70 is very pretty at this time of year, but could get very treacherous in a few weeks in the high passes.  




To break up the trip a bit, we stopped at a few lookouts and even took a selfie.



After a long day on the road we ended up in Richfield tonight.  I checked my messages when we pulled in and my son Derek had sent me a picture of a huge cat he encountered by the road today in Northern Alberta.  I'm glad I taught him not to pet the wildlife.  


We are a little behind on Survivor so we watched a couple of episodes tonight.  There are a lot of weird twists this season so I am enjoying it.  Twenty years it has been on TV and I think I have watched every show.


A lot of fantastic country went by our windshield today and hope to make it to a point where we can hang out for a few days tomorrow.  This was the view out our window tonight.   Hope you had a great day.



10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're still watching Survivor. So far I've only missed ONE episode ever. Great pictures, brings back memories. I love following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey folks. Are you going to be heading into Mexico this winter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are cruising right along. Love the picture of the lynx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, that's a pretty big kitty. I'm enjoying the ride, although I was worried the mountains or your driving might make me feel a little motion sickness. Haha. Stay safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty drive! And wow that was a big cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos of you and Sue and the canyons. Enjoy each day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are moving right along. Can almost feel the warmth!! Soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.