Monday 5 February 2024

Archie Gets a Grooming

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

This morning we had an appointment to get Archie a shave and a haircut.  He has become so scruffy in the last while, so off to the groomer he went.  My long legged friend offered to take him this morning!!


After I dropped him off I headed for home again.  I stopped by the fishermen who were taking lobsters out of their nets.  The lobsters get all tangled up in the mesh and require quite a bit of maneuvering to get them out.  As far as I know they are just a bonus to their regular catch of fish.  


I heard a strange bird outside our window after I got back.  I was not quick enough to get a picture but using the Merlin app to identify the call, I found out it was a Bullock's Oriole.  They are in the same family as a Baltimore Oriole and are not found in this area of Mexico normally.  I was lucky to see one. 





Sue picked up Archie about 2 pm and brought him home.  He looks quite good!!


Because it was a hot day, we spent and hour or so in the pool this afternoon.  What a great way to cool off.


About the time the sun went down I got out and watered my lawn again.  I am determined to grow grass around the MH now that we have lots of water.


I saw this today and it was me to a T.   I don't know how many times I am in a conversation and go do something and completely forget that I was texting.  I guess it is just a thing for us old people!!  Good Nite!!!



4 comments:

  1. That Archie sure cleans up pretty good!! He's not very big under all that fur, probably feels good in the heat to be rid of his fur coat lol! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archie is a handsome lad under all that scruff. Cute finger! Lol
    I love the text thing!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Archie looks like a different dog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.