Friday 9 February 2024

Shave and a Haircut, 90 pesos!!!

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

Last night when I went to visit Kenia she was lamenting the fact that the button to open the lid had broken on her brand new blender.  She was quite sad because she didn't want to spend the money on a new blender.  She was quite sure that this one was toast.  


I told her that I was sure I could fix it so I brought it home, and this morning I figured out how to fix it.  Kenia called it a Mexican fix, but it will work perfectly well.  The right sized screw in the right place and poof, its fixed.



Although we didn't feel anything, apparently there was an earthquake south of PV about 100 kms south of us.  It measured 5.0 they said and there were people in town who felt it.  I never heard of any damage.


One of the other things I had to do today was to try to find a welding shop that can build a new gate or fix the old one.  I'm not sure a fix will work for long because the hinges are absolutely rotten from the salt water.  The welder will come Monday to give us an estimate of the costs.


Kenia and Oscar came this afternoon for a while and we had some fun playing games.  It was nice to have them around for a while.


Later on I went downtown to get some supplies and check to see if the town was ready for Carnival. They had one side of the Avenida blocked off for a parade and there was a festive mood in the air. 


I grabbed a bite of afternoon lupper to fill the belly at my favorite lunch spot.  90 pesos for lunch and a coke.  Like 6.50 Cnd. and it was real good.

I had Milanesa De Pollo

Breaded Chicken

I checked around the corner to see if my hairdresser would make an appointment for a haircut for me.  It was either right now or Monday, she said.  Well of course I have time so I climbed in the chair.  Rroso (roll the rrs!!) is a really nice person and she gives a good haircut and only charges 90 pesos.  Ridiculous price, so I give her a substantial tip.  

Before.  My Gosh I look just like my mother, dress and all.

After.  I have to start remembering to look up for a selfie.

Later in the evening I took another walk downtown to check out the carnival.  Yes it is in full swing and tonight they are crowning the Carnival Queen.  I didn't stick around to see who it was.


Then I just walked around and checked out all the vendors and the rides.  I will definitely be going back to ride the Ferris Wheel!!






I always love to see the rotunda in the center of the plaza and the church after its new paint job.  Every town takes such good care of their plaza's and churches.



A quick visit with Kenia, Oscar, Abuela and Anayeli, and I was off to me casa.  Too old to party I guess. Good Nite!









2 comments:

  1. Great haircut Mrs. Mother Green. I love the ‘dress’.
    It looks as if Kenia is very busy in the last photo. The Carnival looks like it will be lively, fun and loud. Enjoy the Ferris wheel.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hair cut. 😊 the ferris wheel is my style of carnival ride too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.