Sunday 4 February 2024

Friends Howard and Linda Hit the Road

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

I guess the northern migration will start to happen slowly as some of the RVers in the park have other plans for the rest of the winter.  Howard and Linda are a couple of people who fall in that category.  They were up early getting ready to go and we showed up like vultures to watch them pack up.  There are certain unwritten rules in the RV world, and one is not to bother people who are either arriving or departing until they have completed all of their packing and safety checks.  It is kinda ok if you just stand back and watch without interacting with them.  That's what we did. LOL


They have got a few days booked at Tres Amigos in Mazatlan.  They are going to explore the city and have some fun.  They were off and running this morning a little after 8 am.  See you guys on the road somewhere, someday!!!



So there was a big hole in the RV park for a few hours.  


Some new people moved in about noon I think.  I haven't met them yet so that will give me something to do tomorrow.  They don't have a dog that I have seen, but they will have like 10 of them peeing on their carpets toot sweet!!!  Welcome to the Dog Ranch!!


When I went to sit by the palapa there was a big coconut in a large divot in the sand not far from my chair.  I looked up and there were a bunch more in the tree directly above our heads.  I will have to talk to Jeff about getting the coconut harvester here tomorrow to get rid of the liability!!



Rhonda and Sue walked downtown today for some supplies and they allowed me to tag along.  We got some groceries and picked up a chicken for their supper, and headed for home.  It was a hot day for walking, but the pool felt nice after.

Not much action downtown

Something new for us is the ability to water the grass as long as we don't get carried away.  The water line which has been broken for 4 years, was fixed a couple weeks ago and we have water 2 days a week.  The owner is charged annually for the water and it is not based on consumption so as long as the cistern doesn't run dry, water use is no problem. I hope we can coax the grass to grow again around the MH so I gave it a little drink late in the afternoon.


I managed to catch a ghost crab on the beach this evening doing some excavating.  You have to stand real still if you want to see one.  This guy was about half the size of my hand.  He watched me real carefully before retreating into his hole.

See his beady little eyes?

And yes there was a sunset tonight.  My camera just automatically takes a picture.  Being this close to the ocean, we don't really notice the mountains that surround us.  They take on a ghostly silhouette after sunset and are quite majestic.


But the star of the show is to the west where the sun dips behind the hills.  We are so lucky to be here to enjoy it. 


I retired to write a blog but was too late to take possession of my chair.  Archie likes it because he can sit there and look out the door, which is always open.


So I will be happy working in the office for now.  Maybe he will go bark at something and I can claim my chair back.   Good Nite!








 

5 comments:

  1. Well that wasn’t creepy! Everyone standing around watching! Lol.
    That coconut would have made a big divot in your head. lol. Maybe you need a hard hat sitting there.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya'll looked like you were watching a bad traffic accident. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sadly, with only a couple of months left, we will all see lots of friends moving on.

      Delete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.