Saturday 10 February 2024

Everything Has a Use in Mexico

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

Sue and Rhonda took a drive to Bucerius to do a bit of shopping today, so that left me to figure out what to do with my time.  I have been doing a few things each day just to keep me interested and today was the same process.  After lunch a guy came to trim some more of the palm trees.  We have had a couple coconuts fall near where we sit at the palapa as well as Normand had one almost hit his awning so it was time to get them cut down.  Also the ones out front needed a haircut.  Don't worry, they grow back real fast.

Before the trim

This guy had better safety equipment than the guy last time

He trimmed the bottom fronds as well as the coconuts

They sort of float down like a feather

Finished product

Our friend George (pronounced Horhay) cleaned it all up

It is interesting to watch how the fishermen next door use our waste to their advantage.  They had a boat that they needed to push way up on shore and they used the fronds as a ramp because they are slippery when wet and green.  The other use is to put over their boats and nets to keep the sun off them.  They burn all the dry dead stuff, and they use them to make a roof for their little make shift shelters.  Nothing goes to waste.


The boat I mentioned just arrived on shore a bit before the palm trim and in it were a few fish.  The guys all seemed to divvy up the catch and our friend George got a nice big one.  He seems to be the provider for the little group of 4 or 5 guys next door, so he set to filleting it up for supper.  Like I say, nothing goes to waste and he cut up the waste part of the fish and fed it to the frigates.  They were swooping so low that I had a couple of them brush their wings on the side of my head.








Archie and Rudy watched patiently as the birds swooped past my head.


Dani has told me that I need to get with the times and get on snap chat.  Apparently I already had an account from a while ago so I now have re-activated it, but I have no idea how to use it.  I sent her a message, but I guess I will have to wait until she comes to visit next month, when hopefully she will give me a little training so I can be cool again!!!



So time slipped away like every other day and I spotted Suzanne and Normand on the beach preparing for sunset.  I don't think they ever miss one.


And when I turned around, there is was, an almost sunset.  We have some cloud today so the sunset will be hidden, but it did peek out for a little while to let us know it was still there behind the clouds.


We finished the day with a couple of games.  We played 99 and if you have ever played it, this is a pretty good hand to have.   Good Nite!








3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of 99.
    I don’t think snap chat is user friendly. Lol.
    The palm hair cut was great but the birds over head, not so much. lol.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played 99 with the guys last night using quarters and I was the champ. I won a whopping $4.50. Rematch tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post today, though I usually do. But the part about the fishermen...and the coconuts. Nice. Glad you had a good hand, though I too have never heard of 99.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.