Tuesday 13 February 2024

Well the Spider Was a Hit

WHERE ARE WE? Numero UNO RV Park, La Penita, Nayarit, Mexico

Remember the fake spider I put on the awning last night??  Well it took a while, but around 9:30 I heard Karl outside saying " Lorne, Lorne, don't come out here.  There is a big spider on the awning!"  So he is trying to set up a plan how to get us out of the motorhome safely, and as he is trying to make a plan, Archie bolts out of the motorhome and heads to see Karl.  Karl is saying "No Archie, No Archie, its not safe!"  Archie rubs on the awning as he goes by and makes the spider move.  Well now Karl firmly believes we are all gonna die.  He summons other people in the park and they all come running with their camera's.  Some are more skeptical than others, and JR sees me videoing and kinda catches on about the same time that Lilly zooms in with her I-pad and sees that its fake.  Ken then chimed in that it is fake and the comment I liked most was Rhonda saying, "You Jackass!!"   The reaction of everyone was way better than I anticipated.  I'm glad there were no heart attacks but thanks everyone for your reactions.  


Once the excitement died down and I figured it was safe to emerge from the Motorhome, Sue and I headed downtown.  She had an appointment for a haircut which turned out super well.  I love it, and she looks awesome.  I didn't post a picture because she is not sure she likes it.  Maybe you can see it somewhere later on!!   They have the town all decorated up with those Mexican decorations that look so pretty.


Today is the final day of Carnival and involves the big parade at 5:30.  If you remember the last time we went to a parade here, I vowed never to go to one again.  Well here we are again.  They had some really good dancers, but by about 8:30 we had seen about 5 floats go by.  So we went and visited with Kenia and then headed for home.








We a nice view of the parade from our chairs for most of the time, until this family came and stood right in front of us.  Some people just don't think about others.


We had fun even if it was slow.  JR and Claudine joined us and we had fun talking about lots of stuff that has happened since we spent time with them a year ago.  That was about it for today.  Good Nite!





2 comments:

  1. You will be lucky if the neighbours talk to you after the spider escapades! Lol.
    There is no politeness left in the world.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That side thing paid off for you. 'Jackass!' Haha
    Parades are not my thing, after a few floats, I'm usually bored.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.