Friday 30 December 2022

A Little Music for the Soul

WHERE ARE WE? La Penita, Mexico

It was a beautiful day today and we just spent most of the day in the pool and visiting on the beach.  Remember we are retired and that means there can be no real plan for the day.  I love it.  The ocean was a bit different tonight because although there were no real big waves, what there was, was really churning up the sand and pebbles.  We were at low tide as well so that seemed to make it worse.  The power of the ocean to change the landscape of this beach overnight is so amazing.


Lots of pink sky tonight and some different things going on, on the water.  


There is a fairly large boat around the last couple of days with lots of people on it.  They anchor it out in front of our place.  Also about this time of day all the fishermen are racing home before dark catches them.


Our local fisherman Jorge (pronounce Horhay), was checking his nets out front.  He can't afford a motor so he just uses a set of homemade paddles.  I think he spends too much on the Mexican laughing tobacco!!


After dark I headed up past the cemetery to the big RV park on the hill.  Tonight is jam night, and they have some pretty good musicians there.  They do need a keyboard though Dave?  It is a good couple hours of music and then I head back down through the cemetery and home.



I did think of home for a couple minutes today and know what it is like there.  Although I like snow, I don't like it this much.


This is more my idea of winter!!  Good Nite!!



2 comments:

  1. I agree about watching the snow! Good music is worth a stroll thru the cemetery anytime.
    Happy New Year.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last picture made me laugh. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be away from that in the winter and love it so much!!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.