Tuesday 31 January 2023

You Say Goodbye, And I Say Hello!!

WHERE ARE WE? La Penita, Mexico

Today our neighbours decided it was time to move on.  For the past week they have been saying they were leaving but always found a way to delay a day at a time.  Today Kasia and I talked about how it is hard to leave a place where you make friends, but also by leaving, you avail yourself to making new friends and there are lots of people out there just waiting to be our friends.  So when the time came, there was a tear or two, but part we did.  Magic, Kasia, Alla, and Anna are looking forward to exploring more of Mexico as they head south to check out South America.  Good luck and safe travels.



Kenia sent me a text saying that her and some of her friends were going out for breakfast and would I like to come along.  Of course I would.  Who could resist hanging out with a table full of pretty girls. Hard to believe they are all into boxing.  I think maybe it is just a social get together without a lot of punches being thrown.  Any way, I had eggs benedict and it was not hollandaise sauce for sure.  Not sure what it was but for sure the worst eggs benedict I have ever had.  I won't say where. 


When we got back to the park, our neighbours had left and Archie had a tough time figuring out what was different.  


I had been waiting for quite a while for an amazon delivery of my new top for the Jeep.  I want just a top with no sides or back.  Something to keep the sun off and maybe keep the seats dry if it rains a little at night.  Here is what I ordered a couple weeks ago.


And here is what arrived today.  It is even for a 4 door so it doesn't even come close to what I wanted.  


I had packed the soft top with us this time but it is so cumbersome to put up and down and flaps away in the breeze, but it thought to myself, maybe I can modify it to work while we are down here and I can get the proper one when I get home.  So I got busy and removed all the metal frame which was only for folding it up.  I just left one rod at the back so I could put a couple straps on it to hold it tight.  Now to remove it, I just unsnap it and roll it up behind the seat.  It works!!!



Mid afternoon the new friends that I spoke of arrived.  Kate and Derek are parked next to us now with their two young kids, a boy and a girl.  We didn't get to visit much yet because they were busy getting set up.  They have travelled over from the Baja and will spend a little time with us.  Welcome.


The second part of the Amazon package today contained a roll of LED lights that I will use to replace some of the ones that have failed in the kitchen area.  You can cut these strings to whatever length you desire and solder on a couple wires and you have light in whatever length you desire.  



Our kitchen was getting a bit dingy so I changed the overhead light and added under counter lighting which looks really nice, I think!!  We will have to wait until Sue gets home for the final approval!!!  By the time I finished it was almost 10 pm so I headed to bed.  Good Nite!!








1 comment:

  1. Okay, now you have me singing Beatles tunes and it isn't even 9 am yet! :) Sad to see friends leave but indeed, new ones to meet.
    Sue will like the changes, I'm sure. Nice job on the soft top too but I agree about the eggs. They sure don't look appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.