Friday 3 November 2023

A Ramble if ever I Saw One.

WHERE ARE WE? Government Wash, Las Vegas, Nevada

Today was sunny and warm again.  Really starting to enjoy the down time.  Its nice not to be driving every couple of days.  I spent a lot of the morning familiarizing myself with the process of installing an inverter and subpanel into our electrical system.  I have not done that before and with the help of some wiring diagrams, I now understand the process.  The big thing in doing wiring is to make sure the right size wire and fuses are used.  I am not installing a transfer switch right now, but the new inverter will have a built in one so it will sense when outside power, either generator or shore power is fed to it.  Otherwise it will kick over to the inverter which creates 120 volt power from the 12 volt batteries.  The generator/shore power will be done manually by me which isn't a problem. 


Sorry to anyone out there that does not care about solar or inverter installations because I'm gonna talk about it a lot in the next while.  Not because I am infatuated by it, but because thats what I will be doing to fill up my day!!  But for today, that is all I did with solar preparations.  We decided to head into Henderson to get a couple things, but more so to relieve the boredom.  Don't get me wrong, we like the boredom, but only for so long.  So off to Walmart we went.  Yup Sue is there someplace!!!


I for the life of me can not figure out why anyone would want whipped cauliflower in place of potatoes.  Sue did that once trying to fool me into thinking they were potatoes but I told her to either serve potatoes or cauliflower and I will eat either one, but don't try to disguise one as the other.  


Today we talked to our RV friends Sandra and Micheal and made some jello plans about meeting on the beach in San Carlos Mexico.  We are really looking forward to spending some time with them again.  Also we communicated with Bill and Patsy about accepting some Amazon shipments if we are not in Quartzsite when the stuff arrives.  If you want to check them out, click on the link in their name.  We are also looking forward to some visits with them.  
Somebody posted this on facebook the other day and it made me really think about family ties.  My family is quite small but if you go back, it took a lot of people to get me to this point!!


Yes I know you are getting sick of sunsets but sucks to be you.  Here is another one!!  Good Nite!







3 comments:

  1. Bill has tried and tried to explain the whole solar system (not the planets!) to me and my brain has a really tough time with it. so, I'll leave your explanation to the knowledgeable and trust you know what you're talking about! :) Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it doesn’t matter how big or small your family is, the numbers are the same for everyone…. We all start with two parents. I’m interested in the inverter/solar installation. The new Igloo needs both, and while I need to hire someone to do it, I like to know all I can about this kind of thing. Are you going lithium?

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome here or if you wish you can comment on Facebook.